One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Opponents playing turn after turn until they start to lose - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Opponents playing turn after turn until they start to lose (/showthread.php?tid=2199)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Opponents playing turn after turn until they start to lose - TheGreatAnt - 05-17-2013 01:08 PM

(05-17-2013 12:33 PM)amoffett Wrote:  This never bothers me at all. I'm just happy to get a win, even if I have to wait for it. If you're feeling bored about it, just start a new game. If you don't have anymore slots, buy some more. Everybody wins! (Except the guy who you're beating, I guess he loses)

Except when you have 35 slots and you can't make any more games. lol I've done that several times.

I guess that is what happens when you play with 2 2v2 partners, friendly games, tournaments, and 1v1 games. lol

RE: Opponents playing turn after turn until they start to lose - (Rone) - 05-17-2013 01:31 PM

(05-17-2013 12:33 PM)amoffett Wrote:  This never bothers me at all. I'm just happy to get a win, even if I have to wait for it. If you're feeling bored about it, just start a new game. If you don't have anymore slots, buy some more. Everybody wins! (Except the guy who you're beating, I guess he loses)

Can't argue with that.

yeah I had three of the four league 1v1 games that I'm always playing were players decided to take a long brakes when the game started to look dim for them. Now it is only one game anyway, amoffett is right I should look at this positively because I'm winning. Since before these games my win ratio just dropped some and seems so far to continue to stay that way.

RE: Opponents playing turn after turn until they start to lose - ElPared - 05-17-2013 04:51 PM

TBH I never notice when people do that. I play so many games at once that 8 of them would have to be people waiting to time out before I noticed some people were sandbagging.

so what I'm saying is not only is it bad for them in the long run, but I probably didn't even notice they did it until I won.

RE: Opponents playing turn after turn until they start to lose - TheGreatErenan - 05-18-2013 04:08 AM

Does anybody ever delay their turns a lot when they are winning? In terms of league movement, isn't this theoretically a good strategy?

RE: Opponents playing turn after turn until they start to lose - Wildt4lon - 05-18-2013 04:35 AM

Only if there are an exactly same number or more games being lost.

RE: Opponents playing turn after turn until they start to lose - CleverLeague - 05-18-2013 11:00 AM

I have 1 game on 4 days.
I have 11 games on 3 days
I have 1 game on 2 days.

Total of 13 quitters , I'm new to this game. But I know 13 wins will surely get me out of clever league. Then I can change my name ! Anyway when is the time limit reached for auto win. Not knowing is killing me and messing up my other games cause I ant think straight . well played opponents . Well played. I have 35 games total and it's still not enough to allow me to play the game when I want. But after a 2 day break it is something that is amazeing to kick back to. Better than sex hands down. My favorite army is the first army ! I tri mobi out but eh I prefer a slower paced game. This my first post . I am soon to be your leader. P.S. read this and anwser my question it's in there and very important!!

RE: Opponents playing turn after turn until they start to lose - TheGoldenGriffin - 05-18-2013 11:11 AM

You have to be a veteran member to change your forum name though
I hate when 2v2 players time out, mostly because that player is usually my partner

RE: Opponents playing turn after turn until they start to lose - CleverLeague - 05-18-2013 12:59 PM

My Q Need An A

RE: Opponents playing turn after turn until they start to lose - [PETA] Doodat - 05-18-2013 01:04 PM

(05-18-2013 11:00 AM)CleverLeague Wrote:  I have 1 game on 4 days.
I have 11 games on 3 days
I have 1 game on 2 days.

Total of 13 quitters , I'm new to this game. But I know 13 wins will surely get me out of clever league. Then I can change my name ! Anyway when is the time limit reached for auto win. Not knowing is killing me and messing up my other games cause I ant think straight . well played opponents . Well played. I have 35 games total and it's still not enough to allow me to play the game when I want. But after a 2 day break it is something that is amazeing to kick back to. Better than sex hands down. My favorite army is the first army ! I tri mobi out but eh I prefer a slower paced game. This my first post . I am soon to be your leader. P.S. read this and anwser my question it's in there and very important!!

The time limit is 5 days. You also won't get out of clever league from 13 wins; however, that might be able to get you into the promotional games. You will need to win around 5/7 games against gifted players to be promoted.

RE: Opponents playing turn after turn until they start to lose - TheGreatErenan - 05-18-2013 06:34 PM

2 days isn't a big deal, really. When I'm playing a lot of games, I do sometimes let them slip to 3 days as well, so that's not necessarily a sign of quitters either.