Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opponents playing turn after turn until they start to lose
05-16-2013, 02:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2013 02:04 PM by (Rone).)
Opponents playing turn after turn until they start to lose
In league games is it me or possibly it is just more common for gifted players tend to play turn after turn until they start until they are about to lose and then take a day or days more until they finish the game?

Of course I'm talking about 1v1. I thought I was over with that kind of playing after I stopped playing Clevers.

I'm sure to some extent it happens in 2v2 i bet it is just a little more sporadic as opposed to how consistent it can become in 1v1 games.

Proud Gifted League 1v1 http://osn.codepenguin.com/players/view/25336
[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2013, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2013 02:14 PM by Phyresis.)
RE: Opponents playing turn after turn until they start to lose
Lets give them the benefit of the doubt about this. Being in a losing position would make the turns quite a bit harder to decide on what to do. Units become more valuable. They need to think about moves more. I dont like to automatically assume its just they dont want to play a losing game.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
05-16-2013, 02:15 PM
I think this happens with a few people. I played one that was active throughout, consistently, then let the game time out right before losing.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
05-16-2013, 02:17 PM
It could be that they realize they are in a bad spot and decide to start taking more time on their turns to try to salvage the situation. They aren't necessarily being bad sports which I believe is what you are implying.
05-16-2013, 04:42 PM
This happens to me a low and it's rather annoying. When I'm going to lose I give up without waiting to start a new one. Therefore, it's common that I lose more than win due to this. Sad

1v1 Master League Old Legs Division
2v2 w/dekwat :master:Waiting Beaver Division
05-17-2013, 12:22 AM
(05-16-2013 02:14 PM)Phyresis Wrote:  Lets give them the benefit of the doubt about this. Being in a losing position would make the turns quite a bit harder to decide on what to do. Units become more valuable. They need to think about moves more. I dont like to automatically assume its just they dont want to play a losing game.

(05-16-2013 02:17 PM)Szei Wrote:  It could be that they realize they are in a bad spot and decide to start taking more time on their turns to try to salvage the situation. They aren't necessarily being bad sports which I believe is what you are implying.

Exactly. I tend to play slowly at almost all times, really, because rushing your moves isn't generally a good idea. But I especially slow down when the situation is dire.

Unless it's obviously hopeless. Then I look at it carefully for a few minutes to ensure that it's actually hopeless and I make my moves.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-17-2013, 12:47 AM
I definitely slow down when I get into a bad spot and if it's really bad, I'll look at the map and then maybe even go about my day and thinking about it in the background. Then I'll make my move at night. Sometimes you get a flash of inspiration when you just think about a problem for awhile.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
05-17-2013, 02:40 AM
Yes. What Cor13:4 said.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-17-2013, 02:54 AM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2013 03:07 AM by (Rone).)
(05-16-2013 02:14 PM)Phyresis Wrote:  Lets give them the benefit of the doubt about this. Being in a losing position would make the turns quite a bit harder to decide on what to do.

I'm not complaining about when the person is sitting down trying to think about what the best move is... I'm talking about what the person is doing other then trying to think about the move, to gain the upper hand that is frustrating.

(05-16-2013 02:17 PM)Szei Wrote:  It could be that they realize they are in a bad spot and decide to start taking more time on their turns to try to salvage the situation. They aren't necessarily being bad sports which I believe is what you are implying.

I'm not implying they are bad sports... the game allows them a 5 day grace period in which they are allowed to wait until they take their turn. I just think it really kills some of the excite built up within the game.

Honestly, I just find it frustrating when a person whom changes from taking their turns consistently (insert a certain amount of times here) per day to once every few days because they are in a losing situation. Once again nothing wrong about it but it is a drag.

(05-17-2013 12:47 AM)Cor13:4 Wrote:  I definitely slow down when I get into a bad spot and if it's really bad, I'll look at the map and then maybe even go about my day and thinking about it in the background. Then I'll make my move at night. Sometimes you get a flash of inspiration when you just think about a problem for awhile.

Well, that's alright in my book because your taking your time to take your move and you still take it.

Proud Gifted League 1v1 http://osn.codepenguin.com/players/view/25336
[Image: sig.png]
05-17-2013, 12:33 PM
This never bothers me at all. I'm just happy to get a win, even if I have to wait for it. If you're feeling bored about it, just start a new game. If you don't have anymore slots, buy some more. Everybody wins! (Except the guy who you're beating, I guess he loses)

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone