One Man Left Studios Community Forums
League Percentages Adjusted - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: League Percentages Adjusted (/showthread.php?tid=2150)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: League Percentages Adjusted - CodePenguin - 04-26-2013 01:15 PM

I just found 8 more Fluffy Divisions. So the numbers are a little better but more will be discovered if people in the higher tiers get demoted to Fluffy over time.

RE: League Percentages Adjusted - TheGoldenGriffin - 04-26-2013 01:16 PM

But if OML did do that, its sad because now gifted isn't a very talented tier anymore. Its fluffies and clever.

RE: League Percentages Adjusted - aaronINdayton - 04-26-2013 11:56 PM

Or were some fluffies and clever gifted this whole time?

RE: League Percentages Adjusted - GreatGonzales - 04-27-2013 02:49 AM

It looks like 1v1 has changed, but 2v2 is about the same as far as league distribution goes.
I don't think OML changed anything, probably, weak players just stopped playing, and better players were less likely to stop playing.

RE: League Percentages Adjusted - Gf!sh - 04-27-2013 05:36 AM

No, something has happened. At least in 2v2r. I became master for no good reason.

RE: League Percentages Adjusted - phineas94 - 04-27-2013 05:50 AM

Weren't you in clever r2v2 a few days ago Gf!sh?

RE: League Percentages Adjusted - TheGoldenGriffin - 04-27-2013 06:20 AM

(04-26-2013 11:56 PM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  Or were some fluffies and clever gifted this whole time?

I remember how fluffies play, i used to be one. If they are fluffy, they don't need a free pass from OML to gifted without improving.

But if its just all the inactives removed from the leaderboards resulting in a drastic drop in the tier percentage, im okay wil that.

RE: League Percentages Adjusted - (Rone) - 04-27-2013 09:50 AM

(04-26-2013 08:04 AM)CodePenguin Wrote:  One thing to note is that OSN is only able to pull the statistics and leaderboards for the ones that it knows about. I periodically scan the leaderboards of players who submit replays to OSN to make sure that I have all their leaderboards in the system. This covers quite a few but there might be some not present in the statistics. If you notice anyone who is currently ranked but isn't attached to a league on OSN, let me know and I'll scan them manually. Every season causes all the leaderboards and leagues to be deleted so I have to gather a whole new set of them. After a while it calms down and there aren't a ton of new ones but it takes a while.

How accurate is OSN?

Clearly I've won more then 4 league games this season.

RE: League Percentages Adjusted - CodePenguin - 04-27-2013 09:58 AM

Different parts of OSN have disclaimers at the bottom of the page to indicate what kind of accuracy you'll see.

For Player Profiles: "Note: The above statistics are gathered from the replays that have been submitted to OSN. There may be differences with current standings depending on available data."

For Leaderboards: "Note: Leaderboards are updated daily at midnight PST."

So your player statistics are entirely based on the amount of replays that you or your opponent has posted to OSN. Your league/leaderboard rankings are accurate every 24 hours.

RE: League Percentages Adjusted - TheGoldenGriffin - 04-27-2013 10:02 AM

The leaderboards are updated everyday
The statistics are based on the replays that are uploaded
Im too slow lol