One Man Left Studios Community Forums
League Percentages Adjusted - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: League Percentages Adjusted (/showthread.php?tid=2150)

Pages: 1 2 3

League Percentages Adjusted - Szei - 04-26-2013 06:27 AM

I could be wrong, but I believe OML has adjusted the 1v1 league percentages and wanted to say thanks!

OSN Statistics

It appears that Gifted is now the league for average players instead of Clever. Fluffy is also much smaller. All around I feel this breakdown makes far more sense and is much more encouraging.

RE: League Percentages Adjusted - .Memories. - 04-26-2013 06:31 AM

WOW! What a difference! I had no idea this was happening now.

RE: League Percentages Adjusted - Norahsul - 04-26-2013 07:59 AM

also, did the # of players just dropped by 20% or so?

RE: League Percentages Adjusted - CodePenguin - 04-26-2013 08:04 AM

One thing to note is that OSN is only able to pull the statistics and leaderboards for the ones that it knows about. I periodically scan the leaderboards of players who submit replays to OSN to make sure that I have all their leaderboards in the system. This covers quite a few but there might be some not present in the statistics. If you notice anyone who is currently ranked but isn't attached to a league on OSN, let me know and I'll scan them manually. Every season causes all the leaderboards and leagues to be deleted so I have to gather a whole new set of them. After a while it calms down and there aren't a ton of new ones but it takes a while.

RE: League Percentages Adjusted - Norahsul - 04-26-2013 08:08 AM

(04-26-2013 08:04 AM)CodePenguin Wrote:  One thing to note is that OSN is only able to pull the statistics and leaderboards for the ones that it knows about. I periodically scan the leaderboards of players who submit replays to OSN to make sure that I have all their leaderboards in the system. This covers quite a few but there might be some not present in the statistics. If you notice anyone who is currently ranked but isn't attached to a league on OSN, let me know and I'll scan them manually. Every season causes all the leaderboards and leagues to be deleted so I have to gather a whole new set of them. After a while it calms down and there aren't a ton of new ones but it takes a while.

understand now, thanks codepenguin!! Smile

RE: League Percentages Adjusted - amoffett11 - 04-26-2013 09:37 AM

(04-26-2013 06:27 AM)Szei Wrote:  I could be wrong, but I believe OML has adjusted the 1v1 league percentages and wanted to say thanks!

OSN Statistics

It appears that Gifted is now the league for average players instead of Clever. Fluffy is also much smaller. All around I feel this breakdown makes far more sense and is much more encouraging.

Isn't this just because of the new season? Fluffy was probably full of players who played for a week and then stopped playing altogether. The only people in leagues now are people who have finished a placement match => are people who are playing now as opposed to played 4 months ago => are probably around the gifted level anyways. This is probably why there's less fluffys.

RE: League Percentages Adjusted - awpertunity - 04-26-2013 09:39 AM

Also most of the people playing fluffy vs fluffy matches are probably not posting on osn, or even know about it..

RE: League Percentages Adjusted - GoHeat 3 - 04-26-2013 10:53 AM

I think this was implemented last season but we weren't able to see it because of inactive players not moving up.

RE: League Percentages Adjusted - terenceshiu2005 - 04-26-2013 11:41 AM

I thought it was becuase some players have not finished their placement game, and many (mainly fluffy) inactive players have been removed in the new season.

RE: League Percentages Adjusted - TheGoldenGriffin - 04-26-2013 01:12 PM

Me too