One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Upcoming server move and you - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Upcoming server move and you (/showthread.php?tid=1902)

Pages: 1 2

Upcoming server move and you - onealexleft - 03-14-2013 04:12 AM

We are currently moving our site, forum, some game server assets to a dedicated instance over the next several days. Just a heads up that some things may experience a bit of unexpected down time. Hopefully when things are moved over, our forum and site performance should improve. Thanks for your patience!

RE: Upcoming server move and you - Wildt4lon - 03-14-2013 04:13 AM

Thank you Alex! I guess that's a goodbye to the forum bug?

RE: Upcoming server move and you - Norahsul - 03-14-2013 04:14 AM

i thought the game load was slower these couple days, thanks for the update @OneAlexLeft

=D

RE: Upcoming server move and you - Mag!cGuy - 03-14-2013 04:45 AM

(03-14-2013 04:14 AM)Norahsul Wrote:  i thought the game load was slower these couple days, thanks for the update @OneAlexLeft

=D

Yeah, game was slower and simply didn't load sometimes, I understand now Smile

RE: Upcoming server move and you - Ser Purple Wolf - 03-14-2013 07:42 AM

(03-14-2013 04:12 AM)onealexleft Wrote:  We are currently moving our site, forum, some game server assets to a dedicated instance over the next several days. Just a heads up that some things may experience a bit of unexpected down time. Hopefully when things are moved over, our forum and site performance should improve. Thanks for your patience!

What does it mean to change servers?

I used to frequent an Xbox clan site that was run on vBulletin, is that a server?

Also, when they switched something I don't know if it was a server or not, but posts from after the switch began or made during the switch did not carry over with the rest of the information.
If that happens I hope all the bramble grief threads "disappear"

RE: Upcoming server move and you - Norahsul - 03-14-2013 07:59 AM

(03-14-2013 07:42 AM)SerPurpleWolf Wrote:  
(03-14-2013 04:12 AM)onealexleft Wrote:  We are currently moving our site, forum, some game server assets to a dedicated instance over the next several days. Just a heads up that some things may experience a bit of unexpected down time. Hopefully when things are moved over, our forum and site performance should improve. Thanks for your patience!

What does it mean to change servers?

I used to frequent an Xbox clan site that was run on vBulletin, is that a server?

Also, when they switched something I don't know if it was a server or not, but posts from after the switch began or made during the switch did not carry over with the rest of the information.
If that happens I hope all the bramble grief threads "disappear"

haha good try!!
I do have the same wish too Tongue

RE: Upcoming server move and you - Ser Purple Wolf - 03-14-2013 08:35 PM

RE: Upcoming server move and you - GoHeat 3 - 03-14-2013 08:49 PM

^the bramble threads disappearing?

RE: Upcoming server move and you - Norahsul - 03-15-2013 01:22 AM

(03-14-2013 08:35 PM)SerPurpleWolf Wrote:  ......

Hey spw
I was just wishing la
Typically when switching a server means the data will migrate completely of its storage... So nope the bramble grief should not accidentally disappear

But we can still wish!
Ohoh I know, how about creating threads that's totally unrelated and flood the forum, so my eyes won't be poked by the thorn any more lol

RE: Upcoming server move and you - poweewee - 04-16-2013 04:42 PM

I wonder if this move has been fully implemented? I still see a lot of the "forum bug"; I can't seem to view a lot of the latest posts.