One Man Left Studios Community Forums
This is Bramblemania! [Cancelled] - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: This is Bramblemania! [Cancelled] (/showthread.php?tid=1775)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: This is Bramblemania! [Full] - Aginor8 - 03-09-2013 11:46 PM

KMan 29 and I shall be known as "Hemlocked"

RE: This is Bramblemania! [Full] - Gf!sh - 03-10-2013 12:21 AM

Let's just go with Hyrdaflora.

Also GC=Gf!sh

RE: This is Bramblemania! [Full] - TheGreatErenan - 03-12-2013 01:59 AM

Attention! I need some feedback concerning when to start this tourney. I was thinking that this upcoming Saturday the 16th would be a good time to start, but now I'm having second thoughts.

On the one hand, now that Bramble's new mechanics are out, I figured it would be a good time to get started. Since everyone will be playing the same race, whether Bramble is OP or not really doesn't matter much. It's a level playing field. And Bramble's powerful mechanics might even make the tourney a bit more exciting.

On the other hand, if OML is going to release a follow-up nerf to the Bramble, I'm not sure I want that update to come out in the middle of the tournament. Would it be better to wait until the next Bramble-related update? It's just kind of hard to say how long that would be.

Thoughts?

RE: This is Bramblemania! [Full] - .Memories. - 03-12-2013 02:23 AM

(03-12-2013 01:59 AM)Erenan Wrote:  Attention! I need some feedback concerning when to start this tourney. I was thinking that this upcoming Saturday the 16th would be a good time to start, but now I'm having second thoughts.

On the one hand, now that Bramble's new mechanics are out, I figured it would be a good time to get started. Since everyone will be playing the same race, whether Bramble is OP or not really doesn't matter much. It's a level playing field. And Bramble's powerful mechanics might even make the tourney a bit more exciting.

On the other hand, if OML is going to release a follow-up nerf to the Bramble, I'm not sure I want that update to come out in the middle of the tournament. Would it be better to wait until the next Bramble-related update? It's just kind of hard to say how long that would be.

Thoughts?

I'd say start it the 16th. Who knows if / when OML might push another update..

RE: This is Bramblemania! [Full] - Qlearn - 03-12-2013 03:04 AM

My thoughts - just go ahead with the tournament.

Right now the most frustrating issue with the latest update is the replay is not working occasionally when thorns are deselected. I had this happened in a couple of games. As I watch the replay to see the thorn growing sequence so I know which thorn to attack, the replay skips and only shows the end position. This is a serious issue. While the Bramble is stonger, what you can't see, you cannot plan against.

Even though this is a serious issue, we are all using Veggienauts so everyone has the same handicap.

To wait for the next release is a poor option. Since we don't know how long this will be, it may be a long wait. But most importantly, we don't know if this issue will be fixed. So we could delay the tournament for naught.

If an update comes out in the middle of the tournament, so be it. Again, everyone is similarly affected.

These challenges, as long as they affect all participants equally, are all part of playing in tournaments.

Cheers.
I didn't see my partner response before I posted.

Glad to know we are on the same wavelength Big Grin

RE: This is Bramblemania! [Full] - TheGreatErenan - 03-12-2013 03:07 AM

I understand the issue about in-game replays being serious. After a game is completed, this issue doesn't affect OSN, right? Obviously, that doesn't help during a match, though.

RE: This is Bramblemania! [Full] - Qlearn - 03-12-2013 03:33 AM

After a game is completed, this issue does not affect OSN replays. However, reviewing the replay on Outwitters is still a problem.

RE: This is Bramblemania! [Full] - Derr furlong - 03-12-2013 07:02 AM

Personally I think that a mid-game bramble nerf would be cool and add an adaptability dynamic to the tourney

RE: This is Bramblemania! [Full] - GoHeat 3 - 03-12-2013 10:01 AM

Start it.

RE: This is Bramblemania! [Full] - TheGreatErenan - 03-12-2013 10:29 AM

Okay, I think I see where this is going.

We'll officially start Phase I on Saturday the 16th of March at 0001 GMT (i.e. one minute after Saturday morning begins), which means Phase I will officially end on April 13th at 0001 GMT (again, one minute after that Saturday morning begins. Later tonight I will post the spreadsheet with matchups to Google Docs and update the first post of this thread with the link. You will have until the ending time of Phase I to post your game results in this thread. Results posted in this thread after the cutoff time will not count, so do it before that time if you want your points. Technically, you are also not supposed to start your games until this upcoming Saturday morning. Honor system on this one, you guys, okay? Smile

Teams who have not yet selected a name: If you don't pick a name by the time Phase I begins, I will assign you a random and/or stupid name, like Jellybean Turkey Harps. This is in my opinion a fate worse than death, so please pick your names soon to prevent this easily avoidable misfortune from befalling you.