Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This is Bramblemania! [Cancelled]
02-23-2013, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 02:15 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
This is Bramblemania! [Cancelled]
This is Bramblemania!

- or -

Let's Get Ready to Bramble!

Tournament is cancelled on account of lack of interest.

Phase I started on Saturday the 16th of March at 0001 GMT
This means that Phase I officially ended on April 13th at 0001 GMT

Spreadsheet
Please refer to this spreadsheet for matchups, posted results, and scores.

Current Signups:
  • The Leaf Lover:
    connor3491
    Mag!cGuy
  • Wondro-us:
    !_elle_!
    Norahsul
  • The Me Gustas:
    Jakeyboy20
    liner15
  • Heavy Happy:
    uvafan173
    FireAaron8
  • Charcoalcats:
    GoHeat3
    necrocat219
  • Wrath of Thorns:
    TheGoldenGriffin
    jbadams01
  • The Retardation Station:
    derr furbong
    GarbonzoKingdom
  • BROWNED:
    flyingchocolate1
    Coolio - da best
  • Ryzilla:
    izzilla
    Ryzuma
  • Natural Born Cyborgs:
    spacechef
    greatbero
  • Fruticosus:
    qbmlMexico
    .Memories.
  • Hydraflora:
    Gf!sh
    TheGreatAnt
  • MOlarity:
    Madolesen
    Madstrike36
  • ExtraThorndinary:
    HairballRemedy
    freerodo
  • Hemlocked:
    KMan 29
    Aginor8
  • Jellybean Turkey Harps:
    EkoFox
    {~BiA85~}

The new Bramble update just landed, so I thought it would be fitting to have a Bramble-themed tournament! So get ready for some major Bramble action, folks!

But let's go over the rules first, shall we?

Any players from Fluffy League Fluffy to Super-Titan Super-Titan are eligible to enter. Please do not sign up until you have read through all the rules.

There will be sixteen teams of two players each for a total of thirty-two players. The tournament will progress in phases, of which there shall be four. During each phase, the thirty-two players shall be divided up into eight groups of four, and the players shall each play three games round-robin against the other players in that group. You and your partner will never be in the same group so you will never play against your own teammate in a match. To clarify, each phase you will be placed into a new group of four players so you should never be matched up against the same opponent more than once. Players who played as P2 twice in one phase will play as P1 twice in the following phase and vice versa. In each phase, each team shall also play one 2v2 matchup against another team.

For the 1v1 games, you must play as Veggienauts. When you win a game, you earn points. You earn additional points for spawning Brambles. However, bear in mind that you must actually WIN the game to receive the points, so if you spawn twelve Brambles but LOSE the game, then you receive ZERO points for that game. Player 2 chooses the map. I recommend sending Player 1 a Private Message with your map choice. The official rules for 1v1 matches are as follows:
  1. P2 chooses the map.
  2. Both players must choose Veggienauts.
  3. If you win a 1v1 game, you earn one (1) point.
  4. For every Bramble you spawn during a 1v1 game that you win you earn an additional two (2) points, up to a maximum of six (6) extra Bramble-spawning points for each game. Additional Brambles spawned beyond the first three (3) will not earn additional points.
  5. If you give up in a 1v1 game, you lose one (1) point. This is to prevent players from robbing their opponents of the opportunity to spawn more Brambles.
  6. To summarize, the maximum a player may earn for winning a 1v1 game is seven (7) points, and the minimum for winning is one (1) point.
For the 2v2 games, one player must play as Veggienauts, and the other must play as Feedback. As with 1v1 battles, spawning more Brambles earns the winner additional points. In addition, scrambling a Thorn or Bramble earns the winner additional points. The Player 2 and Player 4 team chooses the map. I recommend sending a Private Message to Player 1 and/or Player 3 with your choice of map. The official rules for 2v2 matches are as follows:
  1. P2/P4 team will choose the map.
  2. The teams must consist of one Feedback player and one Veggienauts player. No other team combinations are allowed.
  3. If you win a 2v2 game, you earn three (3) points.
  4. For every Bramble you spawn during a 2v2 game that you win you earn an additional three (3) points, up to a maximum of nine (9) extra Bramble-spawning points for each game. Additional Brambles spawned beyond the first three (3) will not earn additional points.
  5. For every Thorn that you directly brainwash during a game that you win you earn an additional one (1) point, up to a maximum of three (3) extra Thorn-scrambling points for each game. Additional Thorns scrambled beyond the first three (3) will not earn additional points.
  6. For every Bramble that you directly brainwash during a game that you win you earn an additional two (2) points, up to a maximum of four (4) extra Bramble-scrambling points for each game. Additional Brambles scrambled beyond the first two (2) will not earn additional points.
  7. If you give up in a 2v2 match, your team loses three (3) points. This is to prevent players from robbing their opponents of the opportunity to spawn more Brambles.
  8. To summarize, the maximum a team may earn for winning a 2v2 game is nineteen (19) points, and the minimum for winning is three (3) points.
Each phase will last exactly four weeks, unless all games are completed early. Your team has until the end of the fourth week to complete your six 1v1 matches and your one 2v2 match for the current phase and post the results in this thread. Any matches not completed with their results posted by that time will be considered forfeit. No points will be earned or lost for such incomplete matches, and there will be no extensions. Consider this time constraint as a part of the tournament’s structure. Manage your time wisely and play multiple games in parallel as needed in order to maximize your points. If you know that you are going to be too busy to complete your games in a timely fashion, then please consider not signing up to allow more active players to compete instead. Between primary phases there will be a cooldown/preparatory transitional period lasting a single week, except in exceptional circumstances. During this transitional period, I will post the matchups for the following phase and finish collecting results and updating the results document.

If all games of a phase are complete prior to the predetermined phase end time, then the phase will end early, and the transitional period between phases will begin. This is to keep the tournament rolling rather than have everyone wait around for weeks without having any games to play.

According to these rules, the tournament will consist of a total of two hundred twenty-four games.

The team with the most points at the end of Phase IV will be declared the winners.

If you have any suggestions, concerns, or questions, please post them.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2013, 05:06 PM
RE: This is Bramblemania!
The points for bramble spawning is going to be an issue.

Scenario- I know I won the game, I'm now spawning 4 extra brambles during garbage time (fantasy football reference). This is even easier to do with veggienauts because you can spam thorns which makes it difficult for the enemy to mount a comeback.

With that being said I'm in! Can I reserve a spot while I find a partner?

Gc connor3491

1v1 Super-Titan

2v2 Master League with dakdak97 and boyoxneder

gc:connor3491
Find all posts by this user
02-23-2013, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2013 07:10 PM by TheGreatErenan.)
Yeah, that occurred to me but I didn't see a simple solution to it. I figure, look, if your opponent got you into a position where he's able to stall and just start spawning Brambles to rack up the points without sacrificing his tactical advantage, then really, his strategy beat yours. This is also why I chose to limit the extra points you could earn. I'm open to suggestions about the exact numbers here, though.

I considered whether I should deduct points for not destroying the base when you could, but this seemed like it would be a nightmare to judge a hundred games on that criterion.

Yes, you can reserve a spot, but please don't dillydally. Smile

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-23-2013, 05:25 PM
Please hold a spot. I'm looking for a partner.

!_elle_!

Clever League!_elle_!Clever League
02-23-2013, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2013 06:15 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
(02-23-2013 05:06 PM)connor34911 Wrote:  The points for bramble spawning is going to be an issue.

Scenario- I know I won the game, I'm now spawning 4 extra brambles during garbage time (fantasy football reference). This is even easier to do with veggienauts because you can spam thorns which makes it difficult for the enemy to mount a comeback.

With that being said I'm in! Can I reserve a spot while I find a partner?

Gc connor3491

Let's be partner! We will rock! Big Grin

Gc: Mag!cGuy

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
02-23-2013, 10:01 PM
RE: This is Bramblemania! (Accepting Signups)
Gc: flyingchocolate1

I'm sure some people who come one this thread because they don't have a partner, so can I just let someone random join my team?
02-23-2013, 10:58 PM
Are you going to wait for the buff?

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

02-23-2013, 11:08 PM
Think I'll join with GoHeat then, never played with you before! Smile

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
02-23-2013, 11:19 PM
But there is something i don't understand

What's the point of spawning several bramble? One is enough, and disadvantages you enough, wit speaking. I don't think it's possible to win having several bramble, in 1v1 as in 2v2.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

02-23-2013, 11:59 PM
We'll join
Jakeyboy20 and liner15
The point system you're using is a tad confusing and hard to keep track of IMO. Besides that, sounds like a fun tournament!

1v1: Gifted League
2v2 #140 with liner15
May the ninja frog be with you....