One Man Left Studios Community Forums
Losing Interest... - Printable Version

+- One Man Left Studios Community Forums (http://www.onemanleft.com/forums)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Outwitters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Losing Interest... (/showthread.php?tid=1034)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Losing Interest... - Go Time - 12-02-2012 07:29 AM

(12-02-2012 06:40 AM)Random Task Wrote:  I am still on a steep learning curve.

Agreed. Very steep!!

RE: Losing Interest... - Admiral 77 - 12-02-2012 07:36 AM

(12-02-2012 07:29 AM)Go Time Wrote:  
(12-02-2012 06:40 AM)Random Task Wrote:  I am still on a steep learning curve.

Agreed. Very steep!!

Definitely changed things up. That's for sure. I don't have clear strategies composed yet. Especially on the new maps.

RE: Losing Interest... - Alvendor - 12-02-2012 08:35 AM

I've found playing less games is a good way to counter this. Having 20+ games is a good recipe for burnout.

New update also provides a lot to master. Start playing your least favorite race. If you usually turtle, start rushing. If you usually rush, start turtle. Create double mobis in every game you play...

RE: Losing Interest... - ImperialSun - 12-02-2012 09:04 AM

I changed my team with the update and it's been a lot of fun to mix it up. Also as Alvendor said, playing so many concurrent games can really damper the enjoyment of the game. Too much of a good thing can actually be bad (I know there's a more eloquent way of phrasing this, but you get the idea).

RE: Losing Interest... - garcia1000 - 12-02-2012 11:18 AM

Recently i have been experimenting with just how early i can get a bombshell out. Ridiculous things like turn 3 rooted bombshell on glitch, lol. So i am still in this learning process

RE: Losing Interest... - Heycoolkidheycoolkidheycoolkid - 12-06-2012 06:08 AM

I agree with you admiral about the plus one change. I feel as if it has thrown off the balance of th game that I was initially attracted to. I used to plan moves several turns in advance but that's lost now.

RE: Losing Interest... - metalsquid - 12-06-2012 07:18 AM

I agree with the others. It's just burnout. I was the same, full game lists, taking turns in between every other real-life activity for the entire day. Delaying going to bed due to wanting to finish matches with players from time zones. In the end I realised that I needed to stop or I wasn't going to get any work done (I freelance from home.) So I've been away for a while and came back for the new Veggie team. Hadn't been following the forums so I was surprised at the new +1 mechanic. Can't say it's changed the game in a bad way. In fact it's nice to think about old strategies in new ways due to it. Freshens things up a bit. Anyway, don't worry, take some time out. This game will still be great when you return and we'll all still be here. I still see all the same old names posting here from the time the game launched, and many new ones!

RE: Losing Interest... - RandyDogz - 12-06-2012 12:08 PM

2x2 is also an interesting change of pace. They tend to move a little slower, which sucks when you have the itch for a lot of outwitters, but really is a different game and an element not a lot fully appreciate.

RE: Losing Interest... - Admiral 77 - 12-07-2012 09:56 AM

(12-06-2012 12:08 PM)RandyDogz Wrote:  2x2 is also an interesting change of pace. They tend to move a little slower, which sucks when you have the itch for a lot of outwitters, but really is a different game and an element not a lot fully appreciate.

Ya. I've been trying the 2v2. It's cool, but its soooo slow!! It takes forever.

RE: Losing Interest... - MrUseless - 12-07-2012 01:40 PM

I've gone through burnout in all these type games, including Hero Academy. I deal with it by stepping away from the game or at least not playing any League matches for a while.

But I haven't burned out on 2v2 yet, it's a wonderful change of pace. And the slower turns really help with the burnout. I think my burnout comes from constantly playing or looking to see if my opponent has moved. With 2v2, I just sit back and wait and it seems more relaxed.