Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Losing Interest...
12-02-2012, 05:28 AM
Losing Interest...
Before the the update, I was one of the many forum members that firmly opposed the idea of a +1 game mechanic. I was not part of the beta test so I was left to explore the new features upon release with the majority of the outwitters community. To my surprise, they WON me over!! I loved the new veggienaut team/maps and the +1 seemed to spice things up a bit. It was now a new game. Completely different from the first.

But despite by newfound approval of the new updates, I have found myself playing less and less in the recent weeks. I previously would max out my 35 game limit with 1v1 and 2v2 matchups. Even throwing in some friendlies to work on strategy. But just looking at my game list, I have 5 games going. Most of which have almost timed out. I don't know what it is, but I seem to be losing interest in the game. It disappoints me because outwitters is my favorite game. One of the only apps that I have kept on my phone for months on end. And pretty much the only app that I have ever recommended to friends. My only thought is this is due to +1 basically changing the entire feel of the game.

Only time will tell if this will change for me. But I have been wondering, am I alone here? Or are other members experiencing the same thing.

I would love to hear your thoughts !!

[Admiral 77] Super-Titan
#35 in Top 100
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2012, 05:32 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2012 05:34 AM by Bluegodzill.)
RE: Losing Interest...
Nahh, I think you're going through a burn out phase. Just take a break from outwitters for a bit and you'll be fine. Maybe you want more stuff to do in outwitters? Why not join a clan or something and participate in clan wars? My clan would welcome you.

Masters again finally Master League

Member of the Wolfpack clan.
12-02-2012, 05:47 AM
If you eat your favorite food every day its normal that you get fed up with it after a few weeks or months. Take a break or lower the intensity for a while and you will see if your interest revives. If it doesnt then maybe it was just a love affair and not the love of your life. This is also not unusual.... We are talking about a game here nothing "really important".

Cant imagine the wit for kill change can cause you to loose interest as this has made the game more complex and added a whole dimension to consider in addition when planning turns.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
12-02-2012, 05:49 AM
Yeah, this happen to me a while a go, just finish your games and play some other games for a few weeks (those games where you build a city with no real point seem to work well) Come back after a while and you should be more interested in playing. (Albeit, I got back into the game by watching ST v. ST replays, so that might have had more to do with it than the break)
12-02-2012, 05:50 AM
Come to think of it, i have this strange habit that i never play on Thursdays.

12-02-2012, 06:09 AM
It's quite possible that I'm just experiencing some burnout and that a break is needed.

So all in all you guys would say that you like the game more now than before ??

[Admiral 77] Super-Titan
#35 in Top 100
12-02-2012, 06:21 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2012 06:25 AM by GoHeat 3.)
I think I need a serious break from League. I don't find it fun anymore. I'm gonna still participate in Clans and Tournaments though!Smile

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
12-02-2012, 06:40 AM
(12-02-2012 06:09 AM)Admiral 77 Wrote:  It's quite possible that I'm just experiencing some burnout and that a break is needed.

Yes, I like the game more than before. Without the 1+ wit per kill thing, outwitters would've became more stale to me.

Masters again finally Master League

Member of the Wolfpack clan.
12-02-2012, 06:40 AM
(12-02-2012 06:09 AM)Admiral 77 Wrote:  It's quite possible that I'm just experiencing some burnout and that a break is needed.

I am still on a steep learning curve, so it doesnt feel repetitive and the rule change made it even more fun. Maybe it coincided with my growing understanding of the relevant strategies and thus growing success rate.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
12-02-2012, 07:25 AM
(12-02-2012 06:40 AM)Bluegodzill Wrote:  Yes, I like the game more than before. Without the 1+ wit per kill thing, outwitters would've became more stale to me.

I will admit that many of my games got repetitive due to key strategies at high level play.

(12-02-2012 06:21 AM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  I think I need a serious break from League. I don't find it fun anymore.

Especially 1v1 !!

[Admiral 77] Super-Titan
#35 in Top 100