Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you tend to play turn-by-turn or several turns in advance?
11-30-2012, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2012 09:33 AM by incidesi.)
Do you tend to play turn-by-turn or several turns in advance?
Swapping strategies with other players, I've found that there's a divide between people who (generally) play turn-by-turn and those who plan several turns in advance. Obviously you have to do a bit of both to win, but which rules do you generally follow? Do you count each wit and make sure you're gaining wits over your opponents on a turn-by-turn basis or do you focus more on placement of troops to advance across the board in a consistent way between games?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2012, 09:36 AM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2012 09:37 AM by Szei.)
RE: Do you tend to play turn-by-turn or several turns in advance?
Both. I plan a couple turns ahead but I also make sure the trades are favorable for those scenarios that I consider (on a turn-by-turn basis and a few turns along).

The more situations you can map-out the better.
11-30-2012, 11:46 AM
I usually look at the previous 2-ply of replay (i.e. my turn and opponent's turn), and then play the current turn.
11-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Once I have vision I think ''How many turns will it take for him to get here'' and ''how many turns will it take me to stop it?''. Theres obvious things such as knowing your opponents can take a wit space in 2 moves and moving to be in position to stop it. Throught the game I usually have enough vision to make a turn-by-turn basis, but when I spawn my special I spawn it with a long-term plan in mind and rarely for wit trades (only when defending my spawn)

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
12-01-2012, 04:44 AM
I have a general idea of where I want to go, best means of attack, which units I need where etc. but the human mind is so unpredictable, so relying too heavily on guestimations can prove fatal
12-01-2012, 06:19 AM
I usually herp Derp my people around randomly and hope for the best. It's how I develop my "advanced" stradegies.

GC: Great Wolf Sif
12-01-2012, 01:42 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2012 01:43 PM by TheGreatErenan.)
I do plan ahead, but often the plan changes when I learn more about what my opponent is doing. Sometimes this means that the full extent of my plan wasn't necessary (opponent prepared more poorly than I expected). At other times (when my opponent planned better than i expected) it means that my plan isn't going to work and I have to formulate a new plan.

The other thing to keep in mind is that sometimes the big picture of the plan might still work, but the exact details of what units go in what precise position might change.

@SerPurpleWolf: that's the exact joke I was going to make until I saw that you had already made it. Sad

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-01-2012, 02:10 PM
I don't usually plan ahead because 2v2 turns take a long time. When it reaches me, more often than not I have forgotten my planned strategies.

Member of the Ice clan!
[Image: 29xjgx5.png]