Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Melodramatic Mini Mobi Tourney [Winner: awpertunity!]
01-08-2013, 06:06 AM
RE: Melodramatic Mini Mobi Tourney
Do you guys have an estimation on when the game might end? Updates are appreciated. Smile

GC: Great Wolf Sif
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Turn 91 now. Still hard to say which way it will go.
01-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Battle: Moounir vs. Otter of Doom
Victor: Otter of Doom
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Ygv62Agw

The day of the Otter is approaching!!
01-08-2013, 09:55 PM
(01-08-2013 03:06 PM)Otter of doom Wrote:  Battle: Moounir vs. Otter of Doom

Wrong thread?

01-09-2013, 05:16 AM
(01-08-2013 09:55 PM)SerPurpleWolf Wrote:  
(01-08-2013 03:06 PM)Otter of doom Wrote:  Battle: Moounir vs. Otter of Doom

Wrong thread?

Yep, wrong thread... no idea how I got to this thread instead of the tourny I'm actually in!
01-12-2013, 06:11 AM
Game with ImperialSun currently on turn 93. I think he is ahead with the mobis.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
01-13-2013, 03:13 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2013 04:22 AM by ImperialSun.)
Joelduque attacked on the turn right before I planned to save up to defend or to launch my own attack. Impeccable timing.
game
Hm joelduque actually had a much smaller army than I thought. I went for an allin but I actually could have just held that off and countered. Keep in mind that I had been completely in the dark for quite a few turns and both my wit spaces were captured so I thought I was in a much worse situation than I actually was.

Anyway, I could have killed one more soldier and then spawned a soldier. He would have had two soldiers and a sniper left up there. I would have had 3 soldiers and a sniper. He could kill two soldiers. Then I would have 1 soldier and a sniper. With that I could kill one or two soldiers depending on his positioning. He would then be at a sniper and maybe a soldier (with one more reinforcing I'd imagine). That would be simple enough to deal with at that point. I'd still have to kill his runner though that harassed my wit space but he didn't have any mobis so even after losing out on all those wits from the wit space harassment I could have been in a decent position as both of us would have very few units and I had 3 mobis. His attack would have been dealt with and with the mobility and his weakened wit side I could have launched an attack down there. Would have been hard to call it but I'm not sure what joel could do to defend. Either way, my mistake for misjudging the situation! Next time I'll play it safe instead of throwing in the towel with a desperate maneuver.

Actually I used harti's map creator to remake the situation and did some sample moves, it still would have been quite hard to defend. Still, I stand by my following point that I lost because I didn't save up on turn 94. I was actually worried about this and knew I would be in trouble if he attacked the following turn. I was just counting on the fact that he wouldn't and I could save up on turn 96 to either defend an attack or counter. Unfortunately he attacked on turn 95 so turn 96 was too late. If you look carefully, I could have killed 3 soldiers on turn 96 had I just saved up wits even without the soldiers I spawned on turn 94. Having even one extra soldier that is free to attack in these situations makes a huge difference because each soldier is not only potential to deal 2 more damage but also costs your opponent 2 wits to kill (or 3). Instead I didn't have enough wits to kill his soldiers so I had to spend most of my wits just remaking them instead of attacking with them as a result of my blunder on turn 94 (not saving wits).
(01-13-2013 03:28 AM)joelduque Wrote:  Actually I thought he had only 2 mobis. I was lucky he had 3 which meant I had more wits to spents than him. My constant pressure on his wit spaces paid off in this game. I just had enough wits (9) on the last turn.

Actually I think this game shows the amazing ability of the mobi to SAVE wits. The wit investment for my three mobis was apparently paid off because we came out even in the end despite the fact that I spent 14 more wits on mobis. I don't regret getting the third mobi at all and I think it actually put me ahead. The big mistake was not saving wits on the turn before your final attack towards the center, not getting the mobi. The key to the mobi being efficient in this case was that I got all of them so early without you attacking for a while. This meant I had time to make them pay off before you attacked me. If you had attacked me right after I had gotten them, then they would have been my downfall, instead they didn't end up costing me.

Even though that was only my second game with Adorables, it was a lot of fun. Thanks for the game and good luck in your next match!
01-13-2013, 03:28 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2013 04:04 AM by joelduque.)
I am admittedly clueless on how to attack on Sweetie Plains. Double clueless on attacking with the mobi. My mobi died in this game. It really could have gone either way. Actually I thought he had only 2 mobis. I was lucky he had 3 which meant I had more wits to spend than him. I really thought I was significantly ahead with the wits and unit count but the replay showed my assumption was not true. My constant pressure on his wit spaces paid off in this game. I just had enough wits (9) on the last turn. Thank you to ImperialSun for this game. I felt awkward playing Adorables on SP. Still learning how to use the mobi.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
01-13-2013, 03:59 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2013 04:12 AM by Ser Purple Wolf.)
Holy Cow! I've never seen so many units on one map at one time! That was a good game.

ROUND 3: Sharkfood Island

awpertunity vs joelduque

Gfich vs laYahooz

Eijolend vs ImperialSun

Just a note: Round 4 & 5 will take place in the losers bracket so who ever is in the winners bracket will be on hold for two games. We are also going to bracket "H" only. So whoever wins bracket "H" wins (Round 6)

01-13-2013, 04:05 AM
Just to clarify again, is the one listed first get to play as p1?