Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Game types
12-03-2012, 10:18 PM
RE: New Game types
What about a game where all players start with 50 wits, and they don't get any wit per turn. The only wit income will be through spawn points and wit per kill.

If both players run out of wit before destroying any base, then the player whose base has the most HP wins.

Member of the Ice clan!
[Image: 29xjgx5.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2012, 10:46 PM
This is probably a great way to boost revenue. Imagine being able to play more game types for a dollar or two
12-04-2012, 08:53 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 08:55 PM by ImperialSun.)
How about a custom game type where each player can spawn 1 of each kind of special throughout the course of the game? I just think this would be an interesting mode since it essentially lets you play a 1v1 but with different kinds of specials on the same team just like a 2v2 (and there are some pretty cool things you can do in a 2v2, particularly with the mobi + bombshell/scrambler). To promote use of multiple specials on each side you could lower the special cost to something like 5 wits. Now, this may sound way too good, but remember that you're limited to 1 of each throughout the whole game so you can't just spam out bombshells or something dumb like that. However, leaving the cost at 7 might make the game end up being too much like the normal 1v1 mode since in quite a few games players only get 1 special. Perhaps 6 would be a good compromise? Anyway, numbers can always be tweaked, it's the basic idea that I think would be fun =)

I imagine this would be one of the easier custom game modes to implement since you don't have to change any basic game mechanics, just allow players to spawn any of the specials and limit the spawn to one of each.
12-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Sounds like call of duty coming to outwitters! I had thought of capture the flag and thought that'd be a cool idea. Another possibility: a game mode where you don't have a base or any spawn spaces but each player starts out with the same troops. The goal is to kill all your opponents troops while keeping as many of yours alive as possible.

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best