Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Clan league!
12-01-2012, 02:49 AM
RE: Clash of Clans - Working Draft
Wow, am i that popular...Rolleyes

This reminds me of that Clan League idea that i had last week (it got stalled because there are not enough clans as of yet).

I have a certain idea for the rules set:

(not in the mood for typing proper sentences).

9 seats > 7 singles (1-7) + 2 doubles (A/B).
Seats 1-2 worth 2 points, 3-7 +A/B 1 point = 11 points total.
FTA alternated, clan 1 w/ 5 P1 games.
Clan 2 picks a singles and a doubles map for seats 1-3 and A/B, C1 for seats 4-7.

Basically, clan leaders can send their player list for each round to the Judge, which in the current conditions seems bound to be me. That's a very nice script you have there though, i think it would be a good idea to use it (if i'm not mistaking it for something completely different).

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2012, 08:54 AM
RE: Clan league!
Hey Gfinch, I've got a fantastic idea for Clan league! How about each clan enters 5 players from their clan, one from each league (fluffy, clever, gifted, masters and Supertitan) and then using these players they get matched up against players from the same league in the opposing clan; this would mean that everyone from all backgrounds, no matter how good they are, can get involved in the fun while still being competitive which is the whole point of clans! It would also stop any elitism from happening of one clan just accepting the best players and discarding the lower league players to win these battles.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
12-01-2012, 09:02 AM
(12-01-2012 08:54 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Hey Gfinch, I've got a fantastic idea for Clan league! How about each clan enters 5 players from their clan, one from each league (fluffy, clever, gifted, masters and Supertitan) and then using these players they get matched up against players from the same league in the opposing clan; this would mean that everyone from all backgrounds, no matter how good they are, can get involved in the fun while still being competitive which is the whole point of clans! It would also stop any elitism from happening of one clan just accepting the best players and discarding the lower league players to win these battles.

Not all the clans have 1 person from each league unfortunately. Hold off on that idea until the current clans grow more.
12-01-2012, 09:07 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2012 09:08 AM by Necrocat219.)
(12-01-2012 09:02 AM)laYahooz Wrote:  
(12-01-2012 08:54 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Hey Gfinch, I've got a fantastic idea for Clan league! How about each clan enters 5 players from their clan, one from each league (fluffy, clever, gifted, masters and Supertitan) and then using these players they get matched up against players from the same league in the opposing clan; this would mean that everyone from all backgrounds, no matter how good they are, can get involved in the fun while still being competitive which is the whole point of clans! It would also stop any elitism from happening of one clan just accepting the best players and discarding the lower league players to win these battles.

Not all the clans have 1 person from each league unfortunately. Hold off on that idea until the current clans grow more.

Not all clans advertise themselves as only for the cookie cutter players ._.

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
12-01-2012, 09:15 AM
I really like your idea Necrocat! Just pointing out an obvious obstacle. My clan, for example, doesn't have anyone from fluffy and I'm the only gifted and 2dhh is the only clever. We would need more members to make a good rotation.

I do support your idea s it would balance out clan wars so no one has an advantage that other clans would bitch about.
12-01-2012, 09:38 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2012 09:38 AM by TheQwertiest.)
(11-24-2012 08:23 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  This sounds like fun! MM mebbe I'll join a clan after all..

dont forget the anonymous clan when you are deciding. Big Grin

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-01-2012, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the support and the perfectly good reasoning, I understand we'll just have to wait for all clans to have players from all leagues, I hope a community forms that doesn't put lower rank players off

12-01-2012, 10:09 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2012 10:10 AM by GoHeat 3.)
That is an amazing idea! Seriously no clan can be over powered or underpowered! Again, awesome idea!
Fluffy LeagueClever LeagueGifted LeagueMaster LeagueSuper-Titan

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
12-01-2012, 10:18 AM
hey necrocat. ive noticed that you spelt gfich's name wrong a few times. theres no "n".
reading gfinch reminds me of american pie. finch's mom xD

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-01-2012, 10:30 AM
(12-01-2012 10:18 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  hey necrocat. ive noticed that you spelt gfich's name wrong a few times. theres no "n".
reading gfinch reminds me of american pie. finch's mom xD

Oh wow that's a good example of how the mind skims over words, I guess I just think of birds for some reason when I do. Haven't watched American pie : p only seen the dog seen and uh yeah... XD was funny and shocking at the same time