GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-24-2012, 11:59 AM
RE: Clan league!
(11-24-2012 03:22 AM)Gfich Wrote:  The main idea:

A competition in which each team matches every other team 2 times (once as home team, once as 'guest'). I dog want at the very least 6 clans for the first Season.

Each match consists out of 4 1v1 games (2 players per clan) and 2 2v2 ones (one pair per clan). Basically the same idea as i suggested somewhere else. Home team picks one 1v1 map and a 2v2 map to be played on. Each player/pair will get one P1 game and one as P2.

For each match, each clan selects 2 singles and a doubles pair for the match. These may vary throughout the whole season, and you can select any clan member for each match.

Winning a match is worth 2 points, losing 0 and drawing 1. Points are added up to create your results. Tiebreakers will probably be done by games (not matches) W/L ratio and head-to-head results.

Great! Thanks Gfich!
11-30-2012, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-25-2013 02:17 AM by Gf!sh.)
Clash of Clans - Working Draft
- Every clan will face off against every other clan (one at a time) in a match consisting of seven 1vs1 games (called Seat 1 - Seat 7) and two 2vs2 games (called Seat A and Seat B).

Structure Wrote:Seat A1
Seat A2

Seat B1
Seat B2

Seat 1
Seat 2
Seat 3
Seat 4
Seat 5
Seat 6
Seat 7

- The Clan Leader will choose who of their Clan's players is going to take which seat. This is called the Seating. The Seating will be concealed for the other Clans through the use of software or a neutral middle-man.

- The two respective competing Clans "put their Seatings next to each other". The players in Seat A will face the other Clan's players in Seat A (and perform a 2v2), the players in Seat B will face the other Clan's players in Seat B (and perform a 2v2), the player in Seat 1 will face the other Clan's player in Seat 1 (and perform a 1v1), ... and so on.

- A lost match gives 0 points, a won match gives 1 point. A won match on Seat 1 or Seat 2 gives 2 points. The maximum reachable amount of points is 11.

- No player is allowed to play in two 1v1 Seats at the same time. If a Clan doesn't have sufficient members to fill the Seats accordingly, they have to concede the unfilled 1v1 Seats.

- Subject to discuss - No player is allowed to participate in a 1v1 Seat and a 2v2 Seat at the same time UNLESS the Clan has less than 11 members (which would be required to fill all seats). If a Clan has less than 11 members, the opposing Clan's leader will choose which players the former Clan is allowed to use for the remaining 2v2 Seats.

- Clan 1 gets to create games for Seats 1, 3, 5, 7 (odd) and Clan 2 gets to create games on Seats A, B, 2, 4, 6 (even+letters).

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

11-30-2012, 10:36 AM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2012 10:37 AM by Necrocat219.)
RE: Clash of Clans - Working Draft
Eh, I'm going to have to say Tmutanavce;dr:
Too many unused terms and not a very clear explanation; didn't read

Okay I did read it and I get the gist of it but is there any way you can make your own explenation that can tell us it in a clear and concise way? Also I don't understand why certain players would be worth more points than others.

I personally would provide a 'take turns to pick boards and opponents' approach, that way it would give an away and home feel in how you play.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
11-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Personally I think Harti's system looks good. However, not sure it's necessary when teams can simply both PM the names of the players to the coordinator without the other team knowing.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
11-30-2012, 01:02 PM
Yes. The system is good. Something like what I had in mind. Perhaps just need a neutral empire to collate the names will do.
11-30-2012, 01:20 PM
(11-30-2012 01:02 PM)Jacs9 Wrote:  Yes. The system is good. Something like what I had in mind. Perhaps just need a neutral empire to collate the names will do.

GFICH!! Haha

iPro
11-30-2012, 01:33 PM
We are implementing this in our current battle with Anonymous with Gfich as the neutral empire

iPro Clan
11-30-2012, 04:34 PM
Gfich has an important role to play. Haha.
11-30-2012, 07:41 PM
(11-30-2012 10:36 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Eh, I'm going to have to say Tmutanavce;dr:
Too many unused terms and not a very clear explanation; didn't read

Okay I did read it and I get the gist of it but is there any way you can make your own explenation that can tell us it in a clear and concise way?
Yeah as I said it's the raaaaw concept and I didn't feel like braining a rock solid concept together last night which people may not like in the end of the day.
So I put up the corner stones: Hidden mindgame-like player assignments, 2v2 and 1v1 games. The rest is up for discussion. But it seems that people don't like to create tournament rules, so I'll have to go with the stuff on my mind. Will be updating this thread on Tuesday or so.

Quote:Also I don't understand why certain players would be worth more points than others.
This is to increase the importance of certain games, you will want to put your better players into that particular spot, but then again you could just assign your better players to the other matches, so you're getting X "safe" wins or something.

(11-30-2012 12:04 PM)CombatEX Wrote:  Personally I think Harti's system looks good. However, not sure it's necessary when teams can simply both PM the names of the players to the coordinator without the other team knowing.
This requires a person
- that is neutral and won't tell anybody
- that's active on the forums
- AND willing to do that over and over and over again.

Not happening I guess. Also you can't view the pairings directly, like when the last clan entered their submission, you will have to wait for the neutral person to collect the pairings. Furthermore, copypasting is sometimes error prone, so with a system like that we can get rid of all of these points.
Except, maybe, that I do have database access. But I certainly won't be peeking into the submissions as it would be far too cumbersome for me to do for the little gain.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha