Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Outwitters Sports Network Revived!
08-08-2013, 02:23 AM
RE: Outwitters Sports Network Revived!
@Thrutchy,

(08-08-2013 01:59 AM)Thrutchy Wrote:  * Is it "fair" to allow the first poster to prevent the game from being published for its lifetime? One player may want to publish and the other player may want private. Public should win in that case, I think. Maybe you should allow anybody viewing a private game to publish it (with a confirmation, ideally). That would be similar to that person publish the link in a public forum.

Since OSN does not have a user login system, it can't determine WHO is posting the replays to OSN. That is why I mentioned the person who first posts it because that would "usually" be one of the players in the replay. Unfortunately, it is not "fair" because of that. For example: I could force all my losses to be private so no one can see my embarrassing mistakes as long as I'm faster than my opponents with posting the replays to OSN. Allowing ANY user to move a private replay to the public view (even with a confirmation prompt) also doesn't sound fair.

Another implementation approach would be to have a separate "Create private link" option that would take the replay link and assign a unique private OSN link that you would give to other people. This link would be strictly a view only meaning that it won't save it to the OSN Database. Since the viewing users wouldn't have the original replay link, it would be much harder for it to be accidentally released to the public. This would not give the nicely formatted links for the forums but would solve Cor13:4's problem. This would satisfy the "fairness" problem because all the players in the replay would be free to post it as public if they wanted to since they would be separate viewing systems. And since the unique OSN link wouldn't be auto converted in the forum, it also wouldn't be auto posted to OSN either.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Outwitters Sports Network Revived! - CodePenguin - 08-08-2013 02:23 AM