Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Outwitters Sports Network Revived!
07-30-2013, 08:15 AM
RE: Outwitters Sports Network Revived!
is there a ways to sort Veggie replays by Veggie version. Ive noticed a lot of the replays are from several months back when Veggies were significantly stronger?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2013, 08:20 AM
@Thrutchy,

Some of that information is already stored on OSN but some is not. I'll figure out something with the current information and we can go from there. If I'm already storing it in the database then it is easy to do a CSV dump.

@OutwittersFan422,

Unfortunately, not at this time. If I added a filter option for the Outwitters Version then you'd be able to filter by that and Veggienauts to see that information. I'll add it as time allows.
08-03-2013, 09:36 AM
I do'nt recall exactly what the numbers were from the last season, but it seems to me there are a lot more gifted and fluffy players now than the ST and Masters?

@codepenguin, could you remind me again if this is cumulative data or data from certain date range? Thanks!

1v1 League Players
Super-Titan 106
Master 842
Gifted 6799
Clever 4528
Fluffy 6192
08-03-2013, 02:33 PM
@Norahsul,

It is showing the current data for this season (Season 3). You can view Season 2's numbers by visiting:

http://osn.codepenguin.com/statistics/seasons/2
08-04-2013, 06:55 AM
(08-03-2013 02:33 PM)CodePenguin Wrote:  @Norahsul,

It is showing the current data for this season (Season 3). You can view Season 2's numbers by visiting:

http://osn.codepenguin.com/statistics/seasons/2

YOU ARE AWESOME Smile Smile Smile
08-07-2013, 10:42 PM
Hi, CodePenguin, thanks again for the hard work.

Would you be able to add a view replay that doesn't submit to your database? In the last America vs. Eurasia match, we did mock runs but wanted to share them with just the team. However, they ended up getting added because people accidentally clicked on them and they showed up in OSN.

In general, it would be nice to be able to share clan replays or mock-match replays like that without having them submitted and the other team potentially finding them.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
08-07-2013, 11:38 PM
(08-07-2013 10:42 PM)Cor13:4 Wrote:  Hi, CodePenguin, thanks again for the hard work.

Would you be able to add a view replay that doesn't submit to your database? In the last America vs. Eurasia match, we did mock runs but wanted to share them with just the team. However, they ended up getting added because people accidentally clicked on them and they showed up in OSN.

In general, it would be nice to be able to share clan replays or mock-match replays like that without having them submitted and the other team potentially finding them.

Interesting idea, locked replays

Master League 1v1
2v2 Top 200 #35 with Mag!cguy

[Image: sig.png]
08-08-2013, 12:21 AM
Well, it doesn't have to be special "locked" replays, he can implement this by just omitting the part of his code that submits it to his database and instead just displaying the game in the browser (maybe that simple, maybe not).

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
08-08-2013, 01:06 AM
@Cor13:4,

This would not be too hard to implement. But the main problem is that you are leaving it up to users to determine how it is viewed. What if someone accidentally forgot to use the "no save" version of the view method? It would then be visible to everyone at that point.

One way to implement it would be to have a new menu item on the "Save" button dropdown that says "Save as private". OSN would then register the replay as a private replay and it would not be visible on the public facing parts. Then if someone tries to view or save it the normal way, it would see that it is a private replay and would prevent it from being stored in the public area. This way, the only people that could get access to it are those who have the actual replay link. This would have to be done before the link is viewed on OSN at all. So the first person to submit a replay to OSN would be able to decide if it is public or private.
08-08-2013, 01:11 AM
That's an excellent implementation, I did not fully think it out before I asked the question.

That's a bigger task. It'd be great for our working session matches, though.