Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Veggienauts
11-21-2012, 06:29 AM
RE: Veggienauts
(11-21-2012 05:07 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  
(11-21-2012 03:32 AM)Random Task Wrote:  We can see through our opponents bramble branches (see what is behind) as they do not block our view like other units

That wasn't the case in the beta, the barrier was treated as a unit of it's own. Please post a screenshot, you never know there might be a reason Tongue

I was wrong. Sorry for the confusion. It was my own bramble i was seeing through, not my opponents....

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2012, 06:30 AM
Bump!

11-21-2012, 07:53 AM
I've been playing a lot of pass and play with myself to try to figure out effective ways for Bramble to build effective walls and paths without it being destroyed in 2 seconds by a soldier or a heavy. But I came across something. When Bramble makes a thorn it's a baby, but when that baby makes another thorn it becomes the mother. If the first mother is killed than they all die. But if the second mother is killed than only her and her child die. So I realized in order to make a tough wall I must have the majority of the thorns being children while the mothers remain in the back. Sorry if this sounds confusing. I realized this play could be used effectively in offense if you find a mother or effective in defense if you want Bramble to protect.

1v1 Gifted Gifted League

GC: Buzzlebee123
11-21-2012, 08:12 AM
(11-21-2012 07:53 AM)BuzzleBee123 Wrote:  I've been playing a lot of pass and play with myself to try to figure out effective ways for Bramble to build effective walls and paths without it being destroyed in 2 seconds by a soldier or a heavy. But I came across something. When Bramble makes a thorn it's a baby, but when that baby makes another thorn it becomes the mother. If the first mother is killed than they all die. But if the second mother is killed than only her and her child die. So I realized in order to make a tough wall I must have the majority of the thorns being children while the mothers remain in the back. Sorry if this sounds confusing. I realized this play could be used effectively in offense if you find a mother or effective in defense if you want Bramble to protect.

I think what you're trying to say is that if you build a thorn wall as a "chain", then it's easy to destroy, since you only have to break one link to kill everything downstream.

Therefore, you should build a wall as a "tree", where most of the vulnerable thorns are children, and the mothers are hidden away.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
11-21-2012, 08:13 AM
You can also protect the mother thorns in a single turn by branching out to whatever you're trying to do and then circling back. Like, if you're trying to thorn up a wit space or an enemy spawn, don't have the desired space be the last thing you stick a thorn on. Grow out to the desired space in as safe a path as you can, and then have the protective layers of extra thorns be the last pieces you place. That way your opponent has to fight it's way through the child brambles before being able to attack the mother stems.
11-21-2012, 08:22 AM
Hey everyone,

Played a few games with veggies. Love the character design, but bramble seems too defensive for me. I wasn't able to build offensive strategies, I'd rather attack with good old soldiers and keep the pressure on.

Tactics I can think of are :

Build a wall around the base then attack massively, no need to keep units back in defense.

Build a kind of path where units can reach the opponent base safely. Seems a bit weak, I see no way the oponent could let this happen.

If you have some strategies please share !
11-21-2012, 09:41 AM
Taking wit spaces and spawn spaces are about the extent of its offensive capacity
I have yet to really use it efficiently however
11-21-2012, 09:44 AM
(11-21-2012 08:12 AM)Emuchu Wrote:  
(11-21-2012 07:53 AM)BuzzleBee123 Wrote:  I've been playing a lot of pass and play with myself to try to figure out effective ways for Bramble to build effective walls and paths without it being destroyed in 2 seconds by a soldier or a heavy. But I came across something. When Bramble makes a thorn it's a baby, but when that baby makes another thorn it becomes the mother. If the first mother is killed than they all die. But if the second mother is killed than only her and her child die. So I realized in order to make a tough wall I must have the majority of the thorns being children while the mothers remain in the back. Sorry if this sounds confusing. I realized this play could be used effectively in offense if you find a mother or effective in defense if you want Bramble to protect.

I think what you're trying to say is that if you build a thorn wall as a "chain", then it's easy to destroy, since you only have to break one link to kill everything downstream.

Therefore, you should build a wall as a "tree", where most of the vulnerable thorns are children, and the mothers are hidden away.

Haha yeah basically thanks for simplifying it Big Grin

1v1 Gifted Gifted League

11-21-2012, 09:45 AM
I agree with BumbleBee123's strategy. Here's what I got out of it:
Turn 1: Spawn thorn with bramble
Turn 2: Spawn thorn with bramble and mother thorn
Turn 3: Spawn 4 more thorns in front to block off opponent's path with the 4 thorns you spawned last turn
Turn 4: Spawn 8 more thorns and so on
Turn 5: You get the idea

This had also brought a bit of luck into outwitters
If you're opponent spawns a row of thorns, one of them is the mother. You jump a soldier in and you're suddenly surrounded by 3 thorns after uncovering the fog of war. You choose which one you think is the mother. If your lucky, you choose the right one and all of them retract; if not, you have to use more wits. I think this can be improved if the thorns that are seen outside the fog of war are shown to be connected as parent/child.

League: Master League
Member of the Mobi Style Clan
[Image: avatar_785.png?dateline=1354940810]
11-21-2012, 09:48 AM
(11-21-2012 09:41 AM)Sasquatch Wrote:  Taking wit spaces and spawn spaces are about the extent of its offensive capacity
I have yet to really use it efficiently however

Yeah that's definitely a plus but there are other advantages Brambler can give you. You can gain sight all across the map without having to waste two wits and a spawn for a runner. Take wit spaces to completely turn the tides of the game around. And make opponents waste wits on trying to destroy your thorns instead of them destroying you.

1v1 Gifted Gifted League