Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Veggienauts
11-21-2012, 04:10 AM
RE: Veggienauts
(11-21-2012 03:52 AM)Gfich Wrote:  You can hear barriers being grown in the FOW (is this intentional?)

If this is true, I hope OML fixes it in a patch. That's not fair to veggie players.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2012, 04:29 AM
(11-21-2012 03:32 AM)Random Task Wrote:  We can see through our opponents bramble branches (see what is behind) as they do not block our view like other units

I thought I was in a game last night where I couldn't see through my opponent's branches with a runner.
11-21-2012, 04:31 AM
You can't see through branches...

Soldier spam FTW
11-21-2012, 04:43 AM
I thought it was odd, as well, that thorns make a sound from the fog (I'm gonna add this to the bug report thread). Also, from playing around, a bit...

Say I'm playing Feedback, and my opponent is playing Veggienauts. My opponent spawns Bramble and spreads thorns on top of my spawn. If I'm silly enough to scramble said spawn thorn (or any of his parents), have I just thrown the game?

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
11-21-2012, 05:07 AM
(11-21-2012 03:32 AM)Random Task Wrote:  We can see through our opponents bramble branches (see what is behind) as they do not block our view like other units

That wasn't the case in the beta, the barrier was treated as a unit of it's own. Please post a screenshot, you never know there might be a reason Tongue

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
11-21-2012, 05:16 AM
Question (I'm not at my iPad now):

If you scramble a barrier and then kill the Bramble, do the brainwashed barriers get removed? Sorry if someone answered this and I didn't see it.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-21-2012, 05:18 AM
No, brainwashed barriers are independent from the Bramble.

Also, how can you brainwash something that doesn't even have a brain? Huh

11-21-2012, 05:34 AM
(11-21-2012 05:18 AM)Gfich Wrote:  No, brainwashed barriers are independent from the Bramble.

Also, how can you brainwash something that doesn't even have a brain? Huh

How can a care bar heal a robot by kissing it Tongue
11-21-2012, 05:36 AM
(11-21-2012 04:43 AM)Emuchu Wrote:  Say I'm playing Feedback, and my opponent is playing Veggienauts. My opponent spawns Bramble and spreads thorns on top of my spawn. If I'm silly enough to scramble said spawn thorn (or any of his parents), have I just thrown the game?

It seems like you would not be able to use that spawn space unless your opponent destroyed the branch on it, or it's parent branch which should destroy it also.
11-21-2012, 05:40 AM
(11-21-2012 05:16 AM)Erenan Wrote:  Question (I'm not at my iPad now):

If you scramble a barrier and then kill the Bramble, do the brainwashed barriers get removed? Sorry if someone answered this and I didn't see it.

Once you scramble a thorn, it detaches from Bramble as its own parent, basically. The Bramble no longer has any effect on the stolen thorn (and its children). You can kill the Bramble, Bramble can unroot, whatever, it's still yours.

It also has two weird side-effects:
1) The stolen thorn can continue to spawn new thorns, effectively giving the Feedback player their own (albeit permanently rooted) Bramble.
2) There's no way to remove your own spawned thorns, so if you accidentally convert one that's sitting on your Spawn, you can kiss your derriere goodbye!

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."