Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update-bombshells becoming OP
11-23-2012, 03:22 PM
RE: Update-bombshells becoming OP
(11-23-2012 02:05 PM)poweewee Wrote:  This is my initial impression as well. When you spawn a BS, scramble, or mobi, you could easily use the unit the very next turn (even the same turn) for some purpose. I doubt that is the case with the bramble. I think you need a bunch of wits to make it effective (so you can spawn a whole lot of branches), but then this would take you a few more turns than it would any of the other specials.

On the other hand, this presents Bramble with a unique niche: given enough of a Wit reserve, there is no limit to how far you can reach with his Thorns. This could lead to some interesting strategies in maps like Sharkfood Island, where the majority of the units are relatively far from the spawn points: you could use Bramble from anywhere on the map to occupy your opponent's spawn.

I'm not sure about Bramble's application in combat, but he's very efficient at other things: you can use Thorns to, say, sit on your own Wit Space, something your opponent will have to devote a whole spawn for, or to cheaply scout your opponent's units, while wasting his Wits clearing the mess.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-23-2012, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2012 05:22 PM by jaesonwu.)
(11-23-2012 02:05 PM)poweewee Wrote:  This is my initial impression as well. When you spawn a BS, scramble, or mobi, you could easily use the unit the very next turn (even the same turn) for some purpose. I doubt that is the case with the bramble. I think you need a bunch of wits to make it effective (so you can spawn a whole lot of branches), but then this would take you a few more turns than it would any of the other specials.
You certainly can use the Bramble on the first turn you spawn it. In fact, you can use it to influence spaces on the other side of the board on the turn you make it unlike other specials. Yes, you do need to save up more wits to achieve this, but just pointing out that it is possible. As to whether it is too weak, I cannot really speak to that. For now though, people need time to learn how to use the new special so it is unfair to judge the true strength of the bramble at the moment. Looking forward to the interesting strategies players will undoubtedly develop for the bramble in the coming weeks/months!
11-24-2012, 12:39 PM
I feel like this is starting to get off topic...But I just had a game where I dominated with bramble on glitch (would post replay but im quite lazy). I got bramble turn turn 6, and made sure my opponent was not away of the bramble or the vine i made that turn. Turn 8 I used the vines to control the centre. By turn 13 I had 5 vines + a sniper. I soon lost the sniper. By turn 19 i had a new sniper and started harassing his wit point to give me +2 wit advantages. I ended it turn 28 with a bunch of branches.

I find its rly useful not to show ur bramble + first branch the first turn you make it. Especially on larger maps since this allows for two mother branches.

Right now I have a match on Torn Gulley veggie (me) vs scally wag. Both of us got our specials. Base hp wise he is winning, however in all other respects I'm ahead. I got 18 branches so i control the map for the most part ^^.
11-24-2012, 06:21 PM
(11-24-2012 12:39 PM)game_taker Wrote:  I got bramble turn turn 6, and made sure my opponent was not away of the bramble or the vine i made that turn.

I assume you meant you made sure your opponent was not aware of the bramble? Just so you know, even when your opponent can't see the bramble or any vines, they can still hear it. If they were paying attention to the replay they would have known your bramble existed the first time you made a vine whether they could see it or not.

It seems like your strategy rests heavily on hiding your bramble, so I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the noise.
11-24-2012, 06:30 PM
(11-24-2012 06:21 PM)Saren Wrote:  
(11-24-2012 12:39 PM)game_taker Wrote:  I got bramble turn turn 6, and made sure my opponent was not away of the bramble or the vine i made that turn.

I assume you meant you made sure your opponent was not aware of the bramble? Just so you know, even when your opponent can't see the bramble or any vines, they can still hear it. If they were paying attention to the replay they would have known your bramble existed the first time you made a vine whether they could see it or not.

It seems like your strategy rests heavily on hiding your bramble, so I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the noise.

i noticed this yesterday and im wondering if they did it on purpose. do all special units make identifiable sounds during the replay? too lazy to check. haha

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
11-24-2012, 06:52 PM
(11-24-2012 06:30 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  i noticed this yesterday and im wondering if they did it on purpose. do all special units make identifiable sounds during the replay? too lazy to check. haha

I'm sure it is intentional. And the mobi you can now see on the replay when it transports, even if you can't see the unit they moved or the mobi in the game. You cannot hear the bombshell shell or unshell if you can't see it, and the attacks of the scrambler and the bombshell are obviously already visible.
11-25-2012, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 11-25-2012 02:53 PM by game_taker.)
(11-24-2012 06:21 PM)Saren Wrote:  

no I wasn't aware... I have sound off all the time, seems like a disadvantage.
Here USA replay of bs vs bramble:
S vs V