Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
observations about V1.2 and suggestions for V1.4
11-21-2012, 06:24 AM
RE: Update - initial observations
(11-21-2012 06:20 AM)wonderpug Wrote:  Do you people who get seasick from the new spawn menu think it'd have the same effect if the menu didn't move around? I think the blurry background looks pretty nifty, but I don't see the need for the menu itself to float up and down.

I think it would be a start at least. I'd give it another shot.

Holy crap though, I haven't felt that nauseous in a long time. It's gotta be the blur + motion. I'd want an option to get rid of both and go back to the old one.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2012, 06:26 AM
I guess its the combination of the blur and the movement that makes us dizzy.
Wit for kill makes the heavy unit more valuable than before in my opinion.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
11-21-2012, 06:39 AM
(11-21-2012 06:26 AM)Random Task Wrote:  I guess its the combination of the blur and the movement that makes us dizzy.
Wit for kill makes the heavy unit more valuable than before in my opinion.

I think if the Spawn menu stayed still and the blur was reduced (or darkened? The brightness is pretty disconcerting), it would be a pretty nice effect. As for the Runners being nerfed... it does prevent a lot of early-game Sniper and Medic attacks.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
11-21-2012, 09:37 AM
I don't feel the problems you guys report, but then again it's happened before that players have problems with narrow FoV etc. in other games, where I noticed nothing.

It's definitely bad if it makes a lot of the players feel dizzy - maybe alex can implement something to fix that.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
11-21-2012, 09:52 AM
I think the spawn menus should be in options, where you can select whether you want it moving and whether if its blurred. Same with damage and wit for kill popup.

League: Master League
Member of the Mobi Style Clan
[Image: avatar_785.png?dateline=1354940810]
11-21-2012, 09:53 AM
(11-21-2012 06:20 AM)wonderpug Wrote:  Do you people who get seasick from the new spawn menu think it'd have the same effect if the menu didn't move around? I think the blurry background looks pretty nifty, but I don't see the need for the menu itself to float up and down.

I would still have problems even if it didn't move, the switching between unblurred and blurred (and back again) in the background bothers my eyes and gives me a headache.

As someone else said, I also don't like not being able to see my wits from the spawn menu. This sometimes makes me have to exit out of the menu to see them and enter it again, and flashes the blur on and off and bothers me even more.

I feeling like I'm being whiney, but it's really unpleasant.
11-21-2012, 01:04 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2012 01:06 PM by poweewee.)
(11-21-2012 03:17 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  * Think the new system discourage turtling. But I'm worried about the bombshell. Wit for kill makes it easier to kill, but that is often not the problem (at least in high level play). The hard part is killing it and coming out ahead in wits. You often have to leave a bunch of units in enemy territory when killing it, which gives the opponent a lot of free wits the next turn.

I agree. I was in one of these games, where the opponent's BS was right there for the picking, but I couldn't attack it because I would leave too many units for the opponent to kill. He had three BS by the way, so killing one does not give me much. Sad
(11-21-2012 02:57 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(11-21-2012 12:13 AM)poweewee Wrote:  Ok here are some of my thoughts:

1. I think it's kind of unfair to apply the wit-for-kill changes to existing games. We've been planning our turns in those games for quite a while now, and then suddenly all those plans go out the window. I know we've been warned that an update is coming, but I always thought the changes would be for all NEW games.

2. The new spawn windowlooks good, but yes, after a few seconds, it gets really disturbing looking at the background.

3. I'll reserve my thoughts on the bramble. I haven't found a usefulway to use it yet Smile

I'm sure they would have done it that way (1) if it was possible. There's just no way to have 2 builds running concurrently. Plus you'd have to remember which games were started before the update and which were after. If you have a cue like mine, it would be a nightmare.

Oh well, I might as well make the most of it. Maybe it works to some advantage for me, especially for the games I am losing...LOL Smile
11-21-2012, 01:17 PM
Here is my initial analysis. I haven't played a game yet though.

1) The "cost" of every unit has increased by 1. So this means that proportionally speaking, runners are twice as expensive, and the cheapest units are the specials and the heavy.
2) Will the bottleneck shift from wit points to spawns?
11-21-2012, 02:17 PM
(11-21-2012 01:17 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  Here is my initial analysis. I haven't played a game yet though.

1) The "cost" of every unit has increased by 1. So this means that proportionally speaking, runners are twice as expensive, and the cheapest units are the specials and the heavy.

Whenever you feel like losing feel free to invite me, any map!
11-21-2012, 02:41 PM
(11-21-2012 01:17 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  Here is my initial analysis. I haven't played a game yet though.

Per discussion in the kill for wits thread, runner will becomes expensive with the new system. It may cause the already balanced team unit becomes unbalance. Less using running is discourageing or encouraging turtling?