Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outwitter Burnout
11-19-2012, 12:31 PM
RE: Outwitter Burnout
My "burnout" was mainly due to the FTA making things not feel like a fair match against a skilled opponent. I hope the update will revive the spirit of fair play!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:14 PM
(11-19-2012 09:35 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  Another reason is the lack of variety. The matchmaking among the top players is broken so you either play the same player all the time or you don't get matched with anyone and after 2 days you have to play some fluffy player. FTA is also causing many matchups to look very similar.

Same here! It is painful. I only have three 1v1 games now. Two of them are inactive because my opponent making turn every 3 or 4 days. I am playing 2v2 that help me in this transition period. I hope this bad situation can been be improved in the new release.
11-19-2012, 05:30 PM
It's a phase we all go through. I am sure professional sports and chess players also enter their valley seasons. But all your suggestions are good. I am trying out 2v2 now also. Perhaps 2v2 is the way to spice things up.
11-20-2012, 12:29 AM
2v2 is good times!
11-20-2012, 12:49 AM
I've also experienced this, especially with my old "main" asynch game Hero Academy. I used to play that game constantly, then I finally got burned out, and now I don't really care to play it anymore. I think for me, I just got bored with the game (also didn't like some directions the developers were going in). Outwitters still feels fresh to me, but it could certainly use the injection of newness that the update will provide.
11-20-2012, 01:18 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2012 01:19 AM by synphonics.)
(11-19-2012 09:35 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  Hey guys, I haven't been that active recently. It came to a point when I just didn't enjoy the game as much as before.

One reason for it was that I was playing far too many games, having 20+ games running is fine when I am in the mood for playing. But if I don't feel like playing for some time it is quite a big burden to force myself to make 1 move a day in every game. With tough opposition it requires some mental effort and too much of it and it feels like work instead of play.

Another reason is the lack of variety. The matchmaking among the top players is broken so you either play the same player all the time or you don't get matched with anyone and after 2 days you have to play some fluffy player. FTA is also causing many matchups to look very similar.

I've heard from other players I'm playing with who used to be very active that they are not playing as much as before either. Might be that you are very busy but in the end I think the enjoyment you get from the game is the biggest factor.

I have drastically reduced the number of games I have going and hope that the new update with a new team, new maps, eliminated FTA, and maybe also improved matchmaking can get me back into the game. Because it is a great game.

Is this something anyone recognize and were you able to get your mojo back?

You couldn't have said my problem better. FTA and a bombshell on turn 5 makes the game very boring as many players do this..
11-20-2012, 06:34 AM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2012 07:14 AM by =) Random Task (=.)
I think it is natural to loose excitement once you feel like you mastered the game and saw and tried "everything". I didn't feel this with Outwitters yet since I am still on a steep learning curve and far from being a flawless player but I know this feeling from other games.

The changes from the update will certainly bring a new kick also for Super Titans as new strategies will have to be tested out.

Today I also thought it could be a great thing to have some sort of a "map builder" so that the community could come up with some self created maps which could be played on in friendly games and if they prove to be good maybe included in league games at a later stage.... It is probably impossible to implement... Just an idea I had, which could introduce some additional excitement to the community.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
11-20-2012, 06:44 AM
(11-20-2012 06:34 AM)Random Task Wrote:  Today I also thought it could be a great thing to have some sort of a "map builder" so that the community could come up with some self created maps which could be played on in friendly games and if they prove to be good maybe included in league games at a later stage.... It is probably impossible to implement... Just an idea I had, which could introduce some additional excitement to the community.

Very interesting!
11-20-2012, 08:31 AM
I've been feeling the same lately. OML really needs to step up the updates if they want to hold us. I am also a Hero Academy player and they kept me by adding a new team every 2 months (new Shaolin Team is very cool). The Veggienauts are definitely coming at just the right time because I'm feeling like I'm about to hit the wall. Also, now that I'm getting back into COD with black ops 2, there's some competition for my time suck. Anyone that plays COD knows there's a time suck second only to WoW in that game.
11-20-2012, 09:31 AM
(11-20-2012 08:31 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  I've been feeling the same lately. OML really needs to step up the updates if they want to hold us. I am also a Hero Academy player and they kept me by adding a new team every 2 months (new Shaolin Team is very cool). The Veggienauts are definitely coming at just the right time because I'm feeling like I'm about to hit the wall. Also, now that I'm getting back into COD with black ops 2, there's some competition for my time suck. Anyone that plays COD knows there's a time suck second only to WoW in that game.

*boo hiss* Big Grin

I understand it too well but with league of ledgends, I've quit that because I've realised those 'time suck' games are just bad for you, you need to spend so much time dedicated to them it just starts to take over

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?