Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desperately Need Help
11-18-2012, 02:15 AM
Sad Desperately Need Help
Recently I got promoted back to the Clever League after being pushed down to Fluffy after previously losing consecutive matched in Clever League a while ago.

My opponents are completely overwhelming me, and I'm trying every single possible strategy I have, but nothing ever works, and I just feel like giving up, but with the upcoming release of the Veggienauts, I want to see if I can improve before then.

Is any Gifted or Master player willing to play me in lots of matches and have a chat with me to help me with some of their strategies and their tips on winning? I barely have any hope to win recently. Undecided

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2012, 02:19 AM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2012 02:21 AM by Necrocat219.)
RE: Desperately Need Help
Sure, I'll help you out. Also is Marvin your GC name?
Also a few recent replays can help with seeing common mistakes that can be ironed out Smile

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
11-18-2012, 02:26 AM
Ya, I'm up for some games too!

After a couple of random friendly's with necrocat it's obvious I need some practice as well lol

Proud member of Anonymous clan
Master League 1x1, occasionally top 200
Master League 2x2 w Ryzuma
11-18-2012, 02:27 AM
(11-18-2012 02:26 AM)RandyDogz Wrote:  Ya, I'm up for some games too!

After a couple of random friendly's with necrocat it's obvious I need some practice as well lol

Haha Smile I think that you strategies are fine. You seem to have problems being wit efficient Tongue

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
11-18-2012, 03:11 AM
(11-18-2012 02:27 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  

Haha Smile I think that you strategies are fine. You seem to have problems being wit efficient Tongue

Ya the next update will help me sort that out Big Grin

Proud member of Anonymous clan
Master League 1x1, occasionally top 200
Master League 2x2 w Ryzuma
11-18-2012, 03:18 AM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2012 03:23 AM by rnarvin.)
(11-18-2012 02:19 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Sure, I'll help you out. Also is Marvin your GC name?
Also a few recent replays can help with seeing common mistakes that can be ironed out Smile

Yep, my GC username is rnarvin (r-n-a-r-v-i-n).

I'll be posting my replays soon

If you'd like to help me out too, that'd be fantastic. Start a game with me, my username is rnarvin, spelled out above. Smile

EDIT: Here are some recent replays. I'm sure this will help you with what to teach me Tongue
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YzKHpAQw
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YqrX0AQw
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Ygrb0AQw
11-18-2012, 04:29 AM
Okay I started a game with you. I watched the first two replays and there were mistakes you repeated in both games and I pointed them out in chat

11-18-2012, 05:11 AM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2012 05:13 AM by =) Random Task (=.)
(11-18-2012 03:18 AM)rnarvin Wrote:  
(11-18-2012 02:19 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Sure, I'll help you out. Also is Marvin your GC name?

Yep, my GC username is rnarvin (r-n-a-r-v-i-n).

I'll be posting my replays soon

If you'd like to help me out too, that'd be fantastic. Start a game with me, my username is rnarvin, spelled out above. Smile

EDIT: Here are some recent replays. I'm sure this will help you with what to teach me Tongue
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YzKHpAQw
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YqrX0AQw
outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Ygrb0AQw

Hi rnarvin,
I am much less qualified to help you with advice as Necrocat or Randy Dogz since I am a much weaker player myself (I am playing in Gifted league) but a few things came to mind watching the replays you posted (i recommend to put them in url tags for convenience. Did that for you in the quote above)

1) scouting. particularly,in the first two matches on foundry you didn't have enough overview since you didn't scout properly with runners.
2) ideally try to position your runners to kill an enemy runner (or another 1hp unit) - if that is the thing you are doing then dont forget to kill the other runner.
calculate your turns.
3) generally, If you move to attack a unit try to kill the unit in the same turn.
4) Be efficient. if a 3hp soldier is giving you troubles and a own heavy unit is nearby or a sniper who both can do 3hp damage on their own use one of them.
5) have a strategy. Ig is gives you troubles watch super titan replays (do this anyway). For example on foundry your sniper is important to control the center of the map. For him to do this you need to protect him from enemy runners (boost him and scout) and scouting is important. Have always in mind what your strategy is. Which is the most efficient way to the enemy base? Try to gain control and move this way.
6) think twice bevore you act. Fullstop. This is true for attacking, moving and unit building. If you have a threat nearby your base take particularly more time to think. It is crucial to build the most efficient unit to rach the enemy and to destroy the unit you attack.
7) in the last match there was one thing you did nicely. You atacked the northern wit point of the enemy with one boosted and one unboosted runner. Great plan. It took you several wits to build those units and to get them there. And then... You didn't put your danm runner on the wit point!!! All the moves before were wasted as you didn't do the one single move to finish this tactical task. It would have cost you one wit to make the final move (your runner stood there unused) and you would have had a 2 wit advantage versus your opponent from then on (until he would launch a counterattack) since you didn't do that he could continue to bug you where it hurt you most.

Your luck is that you understand the game and you know a lot already. Small improvemwnts in your gameplay will have dramatic efects from where you stand now and against the opponents you are playing now.
P.s. My game center name is =) Random Task (=
Happy to play friendly matches with you and to help you with further advice.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
11-19-2012, 12:35 AM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2012 12:36 AM by Necrocat219.)
Okay as our game deleted I'm going to write out what I sent to you here as I still have our game here:

Okay watched your replays and I can spot a few major mistakes you make each game; you spawn 2 medics. I used to try it and it's just too expensive. The wits used for the medic can be used for a soldier. Because of this lack of 2-3 wits you get overrun easily.

Also you boost runners and send them in places they would be killed by soldiers or heavies anyway, which is a waste of wit. Every wit counts.

I Also saw one game you had 3 soldiers attacking your base and you spawned a heavy even though they were out of range. A sniper would have killed one right away and be cheaper.

In one game your opponent got ready to slip a soldier through the backdoor of your base, there you shouldn't have done anything because your heavy would have killed it if he dared advance; instead you moved the heavy down which just meant he would move his soldier away and then attach in the middle, forcing your heavy to go back.

You should avoid losing the medic. If you lose it spawn one if and when you get the chance but not if theres a lot of pressure. It helps over a long time but spawning 2 means your opponent has no reason to kill them as its as if they have already killed one.

If someone is turtling usually theres a few ways to go about it. you can match them with more soldiers too, or you can try to draw attention away from their turtling position. like attacking the stray with space on foundry or long nine, or my fave, spawn the scrambler and hide it so that when the time is right you can make a powerful push or counter a sudden attack hard.

Also, saving wits for later turns is a good idea

With your opponent hitting your base with runners as their tactics think of it this way; 1 damage costs them 4 wits to do and it costs you 2 wits to kill their runner; this means each damage costs them 2 wits more than you, so by the time they do 2-3 damage, you will have 4-6 more wits than them which is a massive advantage, same as 2-3 soldiers. As long as you can block the way after a few have damaged your base your army should be bigger than theirs and you should overpower them; it's all about managing your wits, there are many times I've gone down to 1 health and then my opponents crumbled because they had nothing left.

Sum up of my strategies: I would say that I like to play as up in my opponents face that I can possibly get until I spot a weakness or opportunity to strike. Thats probably the best way, and if that doesn't happen I either spawn a scrambler and position it in an unpredictable or powerful spot, or I save wits to make one massive attack with my army.

Hope this helps Smile