Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comparison Outwitters to Hero Academy revisited
11-18-2012, 07:58 PM
RE: Comparison Outwitters to Hero Academy revisited
HA is a really neat game. Learning all the different teams and devising strategies around them is very interesting. Things can get a bit mathy at times, and the undo feature is needed to save you a headache (but you will still need to calculate if predicting your opponents move).

(11-18-2012 03:03 AM)RandyDogz Wrote:  The offline challenges were neat, but while its frustrating at times I still prefer the async only approach of Outwitters. The only way to get better is trial and error rather than being spoon-fed strategies through beating challenges.
The challenges don't really have a lot to do with actual gameplay, so I'm not sure what strategies you could learn from them. It definitely helps getting you to think outside of the box though.

I stopped playing HA when the TF2-Team was introduced. It felt like a pure marketing decision instead of a design choice. Also the units that came with a very different unit distribution just to cram all the TF2 characters in.
I think there was a new team released recently, but I only ever did the challenges with them.

So how does it hold up to Outwitters after a longer time? Well the more time goes by the more different I feel the both games are. At first I thought the two games really similar, but when actually thinking about strategies they feel very different. I enjoy Outwitters more because of the simplistic numbers and the complete lack of randomness, but HA is well worth looking into for everyone who hasn't yet.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Comparison Outwitters to Hero Academy revisited - Eijolend - 11-18-2012 07:58 PM