Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2012, 06:34 AM
RE: Scrambler
^you sir are a gentleman.
Find all posts by this user
11-17-2012, 07:02 AM
Well, that was quite nice. However you were lucky that your opponent probably also faced a Scrambler for the first time Wink.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
11-18-2012, 04:03 PM
Why you say that?
11-18-2012, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2012 05:13 PM by =) Random Task (=.)
He knew you had a scrambler from turn 11. plus he had more units than you. Instead of building a Moby he could have used the saved wits for a rush attack on your scrambler which should be his top priority from that point on such a small map.

Your opening was cool by surprising the enemy knocking 2 hp off his base (the second hp lost was avoidable). Since he was in that awkward 3hp position facing a Scrambler he cant bring his heavy to the frontline within reach of his own 3hp base without a unit behind to protect against a scrambled heavy. Actually the heavy (boosted) would have been the proper backup second line protection.

However you played it very well and made use of the tactical weaknesses of your opponent.

11-18-2012, 05:59 PM
(11-18-2012 05:11 PM)Random Task Wrote:  He knew you had a scrambler from turn 11. plus he had more units than you. Instead of building a Moby he could have used the saved wits for a rush attack on your scrambler which should be his top priority from that point on such a small map.

Your opening was cool by surprising the enemy knocking 2 hp off his base (the second hp lost was avoidable). Since he was in that awkward 3hp position facing a Scrambler he cant bring his heavy to the frontline within reach of his own 3hp base without a unit behind to protect against a scrambled heavy. Actually the heavy (boosted) would have been the proper backup second line protection.

However you played it very well and made use of the tactical weaknesses of your opponent.

The scrambler wasn't in range to be attacked. I don't feel a rush to attack him would've accomplished much. The opponent seemed to be setting up ok. It was shocking when he made that move with his heavy in the end. It seemed like he had some idea of what he was doing up until that point.
11-18-2012, 06:33 PM
(11-18-2012 05:59 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(11-18-2012 05:11 PM)Random Task Wrote:  He knew you had a scrambler from turn 11. plus he had more units than you. Instead of building a Moby he could have used the saved wits for a rush attack on your scrambler which should be his top priority from that point on such a small map.

The scrambler wasn't in range to be attacked. I don't feel a rush to attack him would've accomplished much. The opponent seemed to be setting up ok. It was shocking when he made that move with his heavy in the end. It seemed like he had some idea of what he was doing up until that point.

I agree. What I meant was that the saved wits would be needed once the scrambler appears closer to the front line. Potential Counterattack is probably better describing what I was thinking of. Maybe the Moby could be useful as well but I believe saved wits were more important for him since he had a unit count advantage at that point.

The heavy move was fatal.

11-18-2012, 10:21 PM
I agree with random task, it seems like that player never met the scrambler before.
11-20-2012, 12:47 AM
GG Sasquatch, love to see snakes fighting for robots!