Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I may have been treating the adorable maps the wrong way round
11-17-2012, 05:10 AM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2012 05:11 AM by Necrocat219.)
I may have been treating the adorable maps the wrong way round
Is peekaboo the map with 1 spawn?
Is sweetie plains the map with 2 spawns?

I've just realized that I've been calling them these, but now I think about it it is probably the other way round! Can you guys tell me if I have a visual glitch?

Here's an example peekaboo game with what it looks like in my game screen:

[Image: image-2.jpg]

[Image: image-1.jpg]

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2012, 05:15 AM
RE: I may have been treating the adorable maps the wrong way round
It is exactly as you wrote it. Peekaboo is the one with one spawn field, sweetie plains has two.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
11-17-2012, 05:21 AM
Ah, I've always assumed that sweetie plains is the open one, my bad

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
11-17-2012, 05:44 AM
(11-17-2012 05:21 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Ah, I've always assumed that sweetie plains is the open one, my bad

No you were right! Sweetie plains is the big open one with two spawns, peekaboo is the one with a single spawn.
11-17-2012, 05:46 AM
Peekaboo is the turtle-style one Tongue

11-17-2012, 05:47 AM
Ah I understand now! I've just seen sweetie plains as a more duck in and out map with its wall-clinging or through the middle style of play Tongue maybe I'm doing it wrong as its my worst map

11-17-2012, 06:00 AM
Even though going through the center might work when your opponent's units are too much on the sides, i wouldn't recommend it. It just happens way too often that my opponent attacks early through the center, only resulting in me countering succesfully. SP feels kinda weird, because although taking on an offensive pose pays off, attacking early actually does not.

11-17-2012, 06:03 AM
(11-17-2012 06:00 AM)Gfich Wrote:  Even though going through the center might work when your opponent's units are too much on the sides, i wouldn't recommend it. It just happens way too often that my opponent attacks early through the center, only resulting in me countering succesfully. SP feels kinda weird, because although taking on an offensive pose pays off, attacking early actually does not.

I attack fairly early each time, using minimum turn setup and enough scouting to judge where I can attack, guess I should be more careful on SP Tongue

11-17-2012, 01:16 PM
I am probably the world's best Sweetie Plains player, it is my specialty. I win more than half my maps even as P2 on it.
11-18-2012, 02:50 PM
(11-17-2012 01:16 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  I am probably the world's best Sweetie Plains player, it is my specialty. I win more than half my maps even as P2 on it.

Sooo... any tips? Do you have more success attacking the corner wit space or straight at the base?

Sweetie Plains is probably my weakest board. I constantly feel like I am a step behind.