Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Super-Duper-Titan Tournament! (Season 1) - Round 1.5
11-19-2012, 10:20 AM
RE: The Super-Duper-Titan Tournament! (Season 1) - Needz Confirmations!
Gfich, I would like to have a group stage as in the World Cup as you suggested, but do you think it is practical as far as time goes? Also, it doesn't seem as necessary with a mere 16 participants. In a way, you can think of the group stages as having already passed as is the case in the World Cup's RO16. I'm thinking that we really do want to finish the tournament by the end of each Season lest we continuously roll over into the next one.

(11-19-2012 08:24 AM)Alvendor Wrote:  I'm signing up as well!

Great news =)

(11-18-2012 10:12 PM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Sorry the reason why I sound shocked because everyone was saying that there will be a season reset in the transition between 1 and 2, did that idea get scrapped?

Thanks for explaining the tournaments but I do understand it

Okay. So I what I meant by a 'transition' was a transition between tournaments, not seasons. Seasons as far as league is concerned are continuous even when they progress to the next season (after all, there isn't some arbitrary period when players stop playing league). However, there is a break between season tournaments. So, each tournament should finish within the three month season. However, we aren't going to start the next tournament right at the start of the next season as then this would be back-to-back. This would mean we would have to start signups in the middle of the previous tournament, players wouldn't have a break, organizers wouldn't have a break, etc. So, instead we will have the first month of the next League Season be the signup period for the Season tournament.

Example:

LEAGUE
AUG-SEP-OCT: Season 1 League
NOV-DEC-JAN: Season 2 League
FEB-MAR-APR: Season 3 League
MAY-JUN-JUL: Season 4 League

As you can see, it's continuous.

TOURNAMENT
AUG-SEP-OCT: No tournament
NOV (First month of Season 2): Season 1 Tournament Sign-ups
DEC-JAN (Remainder of Season 2): Season 1 Tournament
FEB (First month of Season 3): Season 2 Tournament Sign-ups
MAR-APR (Remainder of Season 3): Season 2 Tournament
MAY (First month of Season 4): Season 3 Tournament Sign-ups
JUN-JUL (Remainder of Season 4): Season 3 Tournament

You can see we have a transitional period between each tournament.

NOTE: Sign-up period isn't set in stone, it could only be 2 weeks for example.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Super-Duper-Titan Tournament! (Season 1) - Needz Confirmations! - CombatEX - 11-19-2012 10:20 AM