Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Super-Duper-Titan Tournament! (Season 1) - Round 1.5
11-16-2012, 12:53 AM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2012 01:41 AM by GreatGonzales.)
RE: The Super-Duper-Titan Tournament! (Season 1) - Needz Confirmations!
(11-15-2012 02:02 PM)CombatEX Wrote:  Thanks for the offer. First I would like to say that this ranking was simply used for qualification, not actual seeding within the tournament.

Oh I see. Then this isn't as big of an issue if you plan to seed the actual tournament by the most current ranking data. My only comment on that is that, in the (likely) event that some of these people who qualify do not have a rank listed in the most current top 200 list (due to inactivity), you should use the next most recent rank for them. This might be a good reason to take the last three rankings and take the average.

I am in agreement that nothing should be done for this season, since the announcement was sent out using this list. But I still think you should tweak your qualifying list for season 2 using some iteration of the method I described. The reason being - yes, this is only qualification, not seeding in the tournament - but different people would qualify, and in a different priority, if you weighted ranks on their currency. I still feel this would give you a more accurate representation of the most consistent players. If you think about it, a top 16 rank in October (as opposed to August, for example) is indicative of a more consistent player, because they have been able to reach/maintain their high rank despite ever-increasing difficulty to hold a top 16 spot.

In any case, though, I don't think anything should be done for this season. Just some things to keep in mind if you ever do this again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Super-Duper-Titan Tournament! (Season 1) - Needz Confirmations! - GreatGonzales - 11-16-2012 12:53 AM