Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Global Outwitters League (GOL)
11-12-2012, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2013 06:27 PM by CombatEX.)
Global Outwitters League (GOL)
Global Outwitters League

[Image: goll.png]

OVERVIEW
The Global Outwitters League (GOL) is a high-level tournament-based league hosted by CombatEX and Gfich. The purpose of this tournament is to recognize the top players in Outwitters while simultaneously allowing players of all levels a chance to face the best.

QUALIFYING
There are three methods of qualification. 14 players through Seasonal League standings, 16 players through an open qualifier, and 2 players selected on other criteria (see below).

Seasonal League
The top 3 players from each of the four seasons prior to the tournament are guaranteed qualification (12 players).* The player with the greatest number of cumulative points in season 1 and season 2 as well as the player with the greatest number of cumulative points in season 3 and 4 also qualify (excluding players who already qualified through a top 3 position).

Open Qualifier
Players of all skill levels can enter the open qualifier spanning from June until August. Players who ranked in GOL Seasonal play but did not qualify through Seasonal League have priority seeding. Players who register for the open qualifier will play single elimination until a maximum of 32 players remain. These players will be divided into 8 groups of 4. The top 2 players from each of the 8 groups qualify for the end of year tournament.

Other Qualification
The remaining 2 slots are reserved for players who have performed well in other high-profile tournaments or have shown an otherwise outstanding display of skill during the previous year.

* In case of an overlap or players who cannot compete, these spots are filled by the next highest ranking player in seasonal play. More recent seasons take precedence.
Example: If one of the top 3 in a Season cannot participate, automatic qualification proceeds to rank 4 in the most recent season. If that player cannot compete, then rank 4 in the season before that, and so on until all the rank 4 players have been covered. If necessary, qualification then continues to rank 5 of the most recent Season, then rank 5 of the next, and so on. Players who have qualified for the tournament through the Open Qualifiers will be skipped over in the Seasonal Standings during this process (as they have already qualified through an alternative method).

SCHEDULE AND RESULTS
2013 Tournament
2012-2013 League Qualifiers
2012 AUG-SEP-OCT: Qualifying - Season 1 League
2012 NOV-DEC-JAN: Qualifying - Season 2 League
2013 FEB-MAR-APR: Qualifying - Season 3 LeagueIn Progress
2013 MAY-JUN-JUL: Qualifying - Season 4 League
2013 JUN-JUL-AUG: Open Qualifiers
2013 SEP-OCT-NOV-DEC: 2013 Tournament
2013 Tournament Qualified Players (Season 1 & 2 Overview, Season 3 & 4 Overview)

2014 Tournament
2013-2014 League Qualifiers
2013 AUG-SEP-OCT: Qualifying - Season 5 League
2013 NOV-DEC-JAN: Qualifying - Season 6 League
2014 FEB-MAR-APR: Qualifying - Season 7 League
2014 MAY-JUN-JUL: Qualifying - Season 8 League
2014 JUN-JUL-AUG: Open Qualifiers
2014 SEP-OCT-NOV-DEC: 2014 Tournament

SEASONAL LEAGUE FORMAT
  • Each season of league play lasts 3 months.
  • Each week players in the top 16 are awarded points corresponding to their position in OML's official rankings.
  • Points are awarded on a linear scale with rank 1 gaining 16 points and rank 16 gaining 1 point.
  • At the end of the season, the points are totaled and the final rankings are determined.

TOURNAMENT FORMAT
  • 32 player elimination over 5 rounds
  • RO32 is BO1 → RO16, RO8, RO4 are BO3 → FINAL is BO5.
  • In the case of a 1-1 or 2-2 tie, the player who won their match in fewer turns chooses between picking the map or picking turn order (P1 or P2). For example, if the player who won in fewer turns decides to pick the map, the opponent gets to choose whether to be P1 or P2.

CHAMPIONS
League
[Image: goldu.png] Terenceshiu2005, p1noyboypj
[Image: silvera.png] poweewee, ..Sir3..
[Image: bronzea.png] joelduque, JavaSeed

Tournament
[Image: goldu.png]
[Image: silvera.png]
[Image: bronzea.png]
[Image: copper.png]

PRIZE POOL
This is currently in the works. More details will be announced as the tournament approaches. Send me a PM if you have any ideas or can help contribute. At the moment I can guarantee a minimum starting pool of $100.

* Icon in logo designed by OneAdamLeft. If someone wants to submit an alternative logo feel free

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2012, 12:25 PM
RE: Outwitters Season 1 - Most Consistent Top Players
Nice idea!

When will you end Season 1? The update?
11-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Just made the list! LOL Nice idea...still doesn't explain though how Javaseed is #3 although nobody has played him Big Grin
11-12-2012, 12:37 PM
(11-12-2012 12:25 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  Nice idea!

When will you end Season 1? The update?
Season 1 is already overSmile

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
11-12-2012, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2012 02:26 PM by CombatEX.)
Yea, Season 1 is over. It was August, September, and October. Season 2 is November, December, and January (3 months per season).

Mostly I just made it this length because that is all the complete available data so far (Only partway through November). I figured 4 seasons a year is also a decent number. Lastly, if Gfich's idea takes off, 3 months is probably a reasonable amount of time for a 16 player tournament.

Tournament
credit to Gfich for original idea

EDIT: Moved this section to main post.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
11-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Here's to hoping four of those top 16 drop out so I can join! LOL just kidding Smile
11-12-2012, 11:58 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2012 01:22 AM by Gf!sh.)
O, wow, this looks so awesome! I can't wait to see this as an actual tournament!

Also a suggestion for seasons 2 and beyond: use the top 15 signups + winner of World Cup.

EDIT: Why not start it right away?
EDIT #2: Rite' here

11-13-2012, 12:32 AM
Like.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-13-2012, 01:10 AM
Cool idea...I hope to make the list for season 2!
11-13-2012, 03:33 AM
I'll try my best to get on the list sooner than S1, but I have a feeling with the players from the release not going to be present this time round that will be much harder

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?