Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is there a bug in 2v2 scoring again?
11-09-2012, 07:53 AM
RE: Is there a bug in 2v2 scoring again?
I'm hoping the ninjas crack the top 25!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 03:05 AM
(11-08-2012 05:17 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  I was just looking at the Cold Acorn master division and noticed the top 4 teams all have 1200-1500 points. I don't know how this is possible. When we beat the #1 team in that division, we get 6 or 8 points. Obviously our hidden ranking must be higher but we've been grinding away winning 70-80% of our games and only have 963 points. The math on this one is lost on me. Did something similar to what happened with MrBanger and Alexjiang happen to these teams? For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about, there were a couple days where they were given 40 or more wins because of a server error (they're still the best team with our without those wins). KZ0511, I know you're on here. How did you guys get so many points so quickly?

hey WF, sorry I wasn't around often anymore in here. Got myself attached to other things.

Me and my partner points was so high because we started in fluffy league, I think we won 3 games in placement matches, but got in fluffy anyway. We keep winning winning and winning until master right now thus the high point (win was around 95% from fluffy-gifted), the #1 in our league also start from low league as I remembered.

But points is useless here, what's important is your hidden skill rating.
11-10-2012, 07:18 AM
I guess that makes sense. We got into masters after just a few games. Won all 5 placement matches and started in gifted. Then we won a few games and got bumped to masters with only about 200 points. There were so few 2v2 teams that we were already in 5th or 6th place when we transferred. There were only about 30 or 40 teams in the whole league.
11-10-2012, 11:37 AM
(11-10-2012 07:18 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  I guess that makes sense. We got into masters after just a few games. Won all 5 placement matches and started in gifted. Then we won a few games and got bumped to masters with only about 200 points. There were so few 2v2 teams that we were already in 5th or 6th place when we transferred. There were only about 30 or 40 teams in the whole league.

Yes, considering you start from gifted already, you must be getting not so much point every winning game, cause your hidden skill rating start at high value already. Well, mine start at the very bottom itself, working its way to the top. Lol.
11-10-2012, 02:43 PM
We were jumped straight to master after placement which is weird
11-16-2012, 07:35 PM
My partner and I just lost a game to a #3 of master. We got -18 points. Does it mean our hidden ratio is higher than our opponents! Look at the game, we did bad move in turn 10 and 12, what we should we do? Wink

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y8L3wAQw
11-17-2012, 04:17 AM
(11-16-2012 07:35 PM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  My partner and I just lost a game to a #3 of master. We got -18 points. Does it mean our hidden ratio is higher than our opponents! Look at the game, we did bad move in turn 10 and 12, what we should we do? Wink

Yes, you're definitely ranked at least the same as them, if not higher. On turn 10, I would've jumped the 2 soldiers on to the wit space and the space above it to kill the soldier. You may lose your soldier if green continues to attack, but you preserve your sniper and more than likely, he backs off at that point.
11-17-2012, 04:38 AM
(11-16-2012 07:35 PM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  My partner and I just lost a game to a #3 of master. We got -18 points. Does it mean our hidden ratio is higher than our opponents! Look at the game, we did bad move in turn 10 and 12, what we should we do? Wink

Looks like you guys wasted a lot of wits, moving units only to move them back, losing the sniper after boosting it and moving it twice, leaving many units next to opposing units at the end of turns, etc. I didn't like how you handled turn 22 much either, I would have been more defensive up top and let your partner handle the two soldiers down below, they weren't really a threat. In general I'd recommend saving more wits, using less snipers, and using more soldiers.
11-17-2012, 08:22 AM
(11-17-2012 04:38 AM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  

Looks like you guys wasted a lot of wits, moving units only to move them back, losing the sniper after boosting it and moving it twice, leaving many units next to opposing units at the end of turns, etc. I didn't like how you handled turn 22 much either, I would have been more defensive up top and let your partner handle the two soldiers down below, they weren't really a threat. In general I'd recommend saving more wits, using less snipers, and using more soldiers.

Definitely more soldiers. There were a couple instances early when yellow spawned runners to kill runners that weren't next to go. I'd rather throw a soldier up there to prepare for the big boys that were coming. Spawning a runner for anything other than scouting or finishing a high value unit that's out of reach, is just too costly and can put you at a disadvantage quickly. I'll often completely ignore a runner that's threatening, in order to spend my wits on soldiers.
11-17-2012, 08:30 AM
(11-17-2012 04:17 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  

Yes, you're definitely ranked at least the same as them, if not higher. On turn 10, I would've jumped the 2 soldiers on to the wit space and the space above it to kill the soldier. You may lose your soldier if green continues to attack, but you preserve your sniper and more than likely, he backs off at that point.

If you counted the number of wits I had, I should have 9 or more, 9 wits could kill both green heavy and soldier.