Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is there a bug in 2v2 scoring again?
11-17-2012, 08:36 AM
RE: Is there a bug in 2v2 scoring again?
(11-17-2012 08:30 AM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  
(11-17-2012 04:17 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(11-16-2012 07:35 PM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  My partner and I just lost a game to a #3 of master. We got -18 points. Does it mean our hidden ratio is higher than our opponents! Look at the game, we did bad move in turn 10 and 12, what we should we do? Wink

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y8L3wAQw

Yes, you're definitely ranked at least the same as them, if not higher. On turn 10, I would've jumped the 2 soldiers on to the wit space and the space above it to kill the soldier. You may lose your soldier if green continues to attack, but you preserve your sniper and more than likely, he backs off at that point.

If you counted the number of wits I had, I should have 9 or more, 9 wits could kill both green heavy and soldier.
If that was the case, then yes, you could have sent the 2 soldiers to kill the heavy, sniped the soldier, then spawn a runner to finish the soldier. The problem with that is you leave your 2 soldiers in the death zone, never to return. Probably better to kill the soldier as I suggested earlier, then spawn a new soldier and move him up. Then you'll have 8 wits and only down one soldier if the heavy moves in.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2012, 08:45 AM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2012 09:06 AM by terenceshiu2005.)
RE: Is there a bug in 2v2 scoring again?
(11-17-2012 04:38 AM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  
(11-16-2012 07:35 PM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  My partner and I just lost a game to a #3 of master. We got -18 points. Does it mean our hidden ratio is higher than our opponents! Look at the game, we did bad move in turn 10 and 12, what we should we do? Wink

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20Y8L3wAQw

Looks like you guys wasted a lot of wits, moving units only to move them back, losing the sniper after boosting it and moving it twice, leaving many units next to opposing units at the end of turns, etc. I didn't like how you handled turn 22 much either, I would have been more defensive up top and let your partner handle the two soldiers down below, they weren't really a threat. In general I'd recommend saving more wits, using less snipers, and using more soldiers.

Yes, we did a lot of wasting wits action, thats was the point we lost itWink My partner and i did have discussion on that, we thought we had to kill the bottom soldiers, otherwise, it was too dangerous for us to open top and bottom doors for our opponents. I only had 5 wits turn 22, and my partner would have 6 wits on turn 24. if I focused on green soldier, green would use his runner to hit our top base and blocked our spawn point. Blue would use the central soldier to hit our top base, use the bottom soldier to hit our bottom base. Then our top and bottom bases would have 2 and 3 points remaining. So, we only swamped a juice unit for green, and locked the bottom door. Smile

(11-17-2012 08:36 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  If that was the case, then yes, you could have sent the 2 soldiers to kill the heavy, sniped the soldier, then spawn a runner to finish the soldier. The problem with that is you leave your 2 soldiers in the death zone, never to return. Probably better to kill the soldier as I suggested earlier, then spawn a new soldier and move him up. Then you'll have 8 wits and only down one soldier if the heavy moves in.

yes, it definitrly put my soldiers in death zone, I like your solution that can save a soldier, save wits and do better reaction when they come. Lesson learnt! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply