Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Enough bombshells !! I quit
11-06-2012, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2012 07:00 PM by CombatEX.)
RE: Enough bombshells !! I quit
(11-06-2012 07:55 AM)Zguignou Wrote:  The main argument I'm hearing is : " top players can , so you should do"

Well that is indeed a poor argument so it's a shame that's the main one you are hearing. Just because a particular player is able to overcome something, it doesn't mean that it's balanced. It's possible that these players are just so good that they can still win against an overpowered strategy. Anyway, " top players can , so you should do" shouldn't be the focal point because it is a weak stance. Used as a side note to exhibit that something is possible is fine, but it certainly shouldn't be used as a central argument and I don't believe anyone intended this line of reasoning to be utilized as such.

In my comment, my main point was that while I do encounter bombshell turtling on occasion, against most Super-Titan players I've played this has not been the case. Does that mean it isn't a problem? No, of course not. This is just from my experience with the game and is in no way indicative of the whole. However, you can understand why I am surprised when you state that this occurs often enough to you that you will quit as a result of it when my personal time with Outwitters has turned up this issue very infrequently in my ST matches.

As for what others have brought up, I'm seeing the beginning of a consensus that small maps are the main issue. Although as I've said in the past, I advocate OML running analysis before making any major decisions, I am inclined to believe that small maps should be removed from ranked play as they seem to cater too much towards bombshell play (in particular Peekaboo...). Hopefully Adam and Alex can find the time to set up an easy way to collect matchup stats on individual maps at some point, though they are undoubtedly busy at the moment what with the new major patch nearing completion.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Enough bombshells !! I quit - Zguignou - 11-05-2012, 08:52 AM
RE: Enough bombshells !! I quit - CombatEX - 11-05-2012, 08:54 AM
RE: Enough bombshells !! I quit - Zguignou - 11-05-2012, 09:03 AM
RE: Enough bombshells !! I quit - CombatEX - 11-05-2012, 04:24 PM
RE: Enough bombshells !! I quit - Zguignou - 11-06-2012, 07:55 AM
RE: Enough bombshells !! I quit - CombatEX - 11-06-2012 06:53 PM
RE: Enough bombshells !! I quit - AJaW96 - 11-08-2012, 09:20 AM
RE: Enough bombshells !! I quit - Gf!sh - 11-11-2012, 01:05 AM