Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Enough bombshells !! I quit
11-06-2012, 09:58 AM
RE: Enough bombshells !! I quit
You know which map is absolutely the worst also? Glitch. Not only do you get advantage for setting up bombshell first, but if you put it in that space with the hole in it, you can't even damage it with splash! What's up with that.

Anyway, as basically the strongest or one of the strongest player I agree that bombshells are too strong on most of the smaller maps. That's why I prefer playing on Long Nine or Sweetie Plains.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Few players spawn BS in foundry, but FTA exist. So, it may be the most interesting map if FTA problem can be fixed next release.
11-06-2012, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2012 07:00 PM by CombatEX.)
(11-06-2012 07:55 AM)Zguignou Wrote:  The main argument I'm hearing is : " top players can , so you should do"

Well that is indeed a poor argument so it's a shame that's the main one you are hearing. Just because a particular player is able to overcome something, it doesn't mean that it's balanced. It's possible that these players are just so good that they can still win against an overpowered strategy. Anyway, " top players can , so you should do" shouldn't be the focal point because it is a weak stance. Used as a side note to exhibit that something is possible is fine, but it certainly shouldn't be used as a central argument and I don't believe anyone intended this line of reasoning to be utilized as such.

In my comment, my main point was that while I do encounter bombshell turtling on occasion, against most Super-Titan players I've played this has not been the case. Does that mean it isn't a problem? No, of course not. This is just from my experience with the game and is in no way indicative of the whole. However, you can understand why I am surprised when you state that this occurs often enough to you that you will quit as a result of it when my personal time with Outwitters has turned up this issue very infrequently in my ST matches.

As for what others have brought up, I'm seeing the beginning of a consensus that small maps are the main issue. Although as I've said in the past, I advocate OML running analysis before making any major decisions, I am inclined to believe that small maps should be removed from ranked play as they seem to cater too much towards bombshell play (in particular Peekaboo...). Hopefully Adam and Alex can find the time to set up an easy way to collect matchup stats on individual maps at some point, though they are undoubtedly busy at the moment what with the new major patch nearing completion.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
11-08-2012, 09:20 AM
This might not be the best place to post it, but I am a big fan of cutting Bombshells speed to 2. Part of the problem is that 4 range (1 damage splash) coupled with 3 move allows the Bombshell to threaten an enormous portion of the map, even if it cannot fire on the same turn. One less movement would require a larger wit investment to get the bombshell in position, more akin to actual heavy artillery.
11-08-2012, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2012 10:29 PM by Necrocat219.)
(11-06-2012 09:58 AM)garcia1000 Wrote:  You know which map is absolutely the worst also? Glitch. Not only do you get advantage for setting up bombshell first, but if you put it in that space with the hole in it, you can't even damage it with splash! What's up with that.

Anyway, as basically the strongest or one of the strongest player I agree that bombshells are too strong on most of the smaller maps. That's why I prefer playing on Long Nine or Sweetie Plains.

Strongest? I know you're 15# but theres no need to blow your own trumpet to get your opinion across.

I wouldn't say that they are 'overpowered', but I've noticed in other competative games that I've played that a team/character that isn't competative at high levels of play but due to habits of lower level players easily 'stomps' lower level players.

An example is in League of Legends; they created a stealth character whos skillset was considered bad at high levels, but because she could sneak around everywhere undetected at lower levels of play the stealth players could victimise these players, resulting in the character being remade.

I personally feel the bombshell is balanced at higher levels, and if it's of any relevance I rarely play Scallys, mainly feedback. I think Zguignou had a valid point; if bombshells aren't a problem at high levels but they can be stally at lower levels of play there is definitely still a problem here.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
11-08-2012, 10:51 PM
Necrocat, I agree with you! Also, I feel that bombshell is too powerful on small maps at higher levels of play. I usually play Scallywags.
11-08-2012, 11:35 PM
True, the small maps probably need to be balanced a little more them like removing/adding spaces and blockades

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
11-11-2012, 12:03 AM
I was just matched against the same person 3 times in a row. I chose Adorables, Feedback, Adorables. My usual routine of switching back and forth. The other person picked Scallywags all three times. He spawned a bombshell on all three games. The feedback one was on Sharkfood, so I just went on a suicidal rush because I knew I would never win anyways. My first Adorables was on PEEKABOO! Of all BS maps we had that one. I got a mobi and a sniper and mobi sniped the BS, but it had 4 health and I lost my mobi and my sniper. I retreated and waited for a counter, but instead all he did was surround his BS with soldiers >.< The last Adorables is on glitch. That match could go either way, but I fear he will win because he has a BS near his wit space side.

Nerf Suggestions:
BS can't shoot through teammates.
BS has to hit a target. No hitting the ground for uber splash damage.
BS shell can't be boosted. It stays at 3.

GC: Great Wolf Sif
11-11-2012, 01:05 AM
I always felt like the 2 HP armour being too much; with Wolf's idea, you could just spawn the BS, heal it, move and shell. Reducing the armour to 1HP will probaly help balancing things a bit, although Peekaboo really needs a layout update.

But i was thinking... What if a BS takes a whole turn to unshell? That you can't unshell, move and reshell in one turn? This way, if you have a BS on one side, and the opponent attacks on the other side, you would have to keep it in it's vulnerable position for at least one turn. Still, Peekaboo would need a update/patch, but it's still an option.

11-11-2012, 03:09 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2012 03:10 AM by oneadamleft.)
We'll be looking at this more closely once the veggies are live. A lot of variables are changing with the update.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user