Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Outwitters Hall of Fame Thread - Champions & Finalists
10-31-2012, 05:21 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2012 06:55 PM by Ravernoth.)
Star Outwitters Hall of Fame Thread - Champions & Finalists
The Outwitters Hall of Fame

Since the first Outwitters tourney has just been completed, it's a good time for this thread. A record of glorious victories to go down in the annals of history! Smile

Players & Organizers: Feel free to let me know if you want any tourney info changed, the trophy, add comments etc

Community Tournament

[Image: M9KVu.gif]

Path to victory:
2-0 v The Rawkhawk
2-0 v GreatGonzales
2-1 v blueswimmer95
2-0 v Calmon!

Calmon!
Silver medalist

blueswimmer95
Semi-finalist

ArtNJ
Semi-finalist

Links:
Complete Bracket/Results
Finals - Game 1 replay
Finals - Game 2 replay

Organizer: GreatGonzales
Players: 16
Matches required to win: 4
Skill: Fluffy to Super Titan, seeded
Format: Knockout
Date: October 2012

League Hall of Famers

Legends of Outwitters League

p1noyboypj
Longest reigning #1 ranked player worldwide.

P1noyboypj's hidden skill rating is so high that the League matchmaking system has resorted to only matching him against Fluffy leaguers and placement players, as they have not yet developed egos to shatter.

..Sir3..
Seemingly the only player able to jostle p1noyboypj off the top spot from time to time.

Developed the much feared 16-Wit-Imploding-Base-Attack that catapulted him into the top ranks, involving 2 boosted Medics and a 3rd scrambled Medic.

JavaSeed
Enigmatic player ranked #3 in the world. JavaSeed has apparently been ranked #3 throughout the history of Outwitters - even when there were only 2 players in league.

Legend has it he has never been witnessed in an Outwitters match.

Alvendor
A perennial lock in the upper tiers of the Top 10.

Like SkyNet, Alvendor learns at a rapid rate, and his opponent's chances of victory approach zero as the number of turns approaches infinity. It has been theorized that Alvendor has already won the 'Best of 7 Tournament', although it has not yet been held.

Calmon!
A perennial lock in the upper tiers of the Top 10.

Mobi master. Has been known to create 3 Mobis, arrange them in a pyramid formation, then teleport them back and forth in front of his opponents, just to unnerve them.

Josuecuervo
World's first 1v1 Super Titan.

Upon achieving Super Titan status, was granted the right to make any change to Outwitters that he wished, and chose to have "Super Titan" be pronounced with a silent 'J' at the beginning, leading to the current pronunciation of "Super Titan".

alexjiang1 & [::Mr.Banger::]
World's first 2v2 Super Titans.

Their stratospheric win-loss ratio has skewed the 2v2 league stats to such an extent that the ranking algorithm fails the validation checks every time Alex and Adam try to generate a Top 50 2v2 list.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2012, 05:27 AM
RE: Outwitters Hall of Fame Thread - Champions & Finalists
Josuecuervo is the first 1v1 supertitan a worthy addition to that list
10-31-2012, 05:35 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2012 05:35 AM by Szei.)
Great idea! Thanks for putting this together. How do you choose Master tactician; the Sun Tzu of Outwitters and Mobi master, locked in an eternal struggle with Alvendor? Yes, no doubt they are both great players, but I think it's probably better to stick to concrete achievements instead of arbitrary titles. If there were a review board that could induct players into the hall of fame and present them with a title after deliberating amongst each other it would make more sense. But since you're just one person, it seems less meaningful.

Anyway, thanks again for making this =)
10-31-2012, 06:23 AM
I like it, thanks for taking the initiative.
10-31-2012, 06:24 AM
I hereby genuflect before the greatest of the greats, Alvendor! Special mention to Calmon!, my idol with the mobi! I wish I could use the mobi with such skill. I hope to play you two, maybe someday too.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
10-31-2012, 07:25 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2012 07:27 AM by Ravernoth.)
(10-31-2012 05:27 AM)blckace Wrote:  Josuecuervo is the first 1v1 supertitan a worthy addition to that list

Good shout - added.

(10-31-2012 05:35 AM)Szei Wrote:  Great idea! Thanks for putting this together. How do you choose Master tactician; the Sun Tzu of Outwitters and Mobi master, locked in an eternal struggle with Alvendor? Yes, no doubt they are both great players, but I think it's probably better to stick to concrete achievements instead of arbitrary titles. If there were a review board that could induct players into the hall of fame and present them with a title after deliberating amongst each other it would make more sense. But since you're just one person, it seems less meaningful.

Anyway, thanks again for making this =)

That's a good point - I've removed most of that.. although I've left 'Mobi master' as it seems to be an accepted title for Calmon Smile
10-31-2012, 07:58 AM
I think you should have left JavaSeed's description the way it was the first time!Smile

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
10-31-2012, 08:57 AM
(10-31-2012 07:58 AM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  I think you should have left JavaSeed's description the way it was the first time!Smile

Added a bit more flavor text Smile
10-31-2012, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2012 09:09 AM by TheQwertiest.)
Calmons description is the best. xD

i remember a post from before that P1noyboypj was interested in having a game with the champion here.
would be interesting to see Alvendor and boypj fight it out.
i wonder if alvendor is interested

edit:

(08-09-2012 09:49 AM)P1noyboypj Wrote:  Hi all. I'm super busy nowadays so I don't have time to check forums. I'd like to play the winner of this tourney for some competition. I have a lot of "waiting for opponent" games, only to be matched against inexperienced players.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
10-31-2012, 09:58 AM
(10-31-2012 08:59 AM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  Calmons description is the best. xD

i remember a post from before that P1noyboypj was interested in having a game with the champion here.
would be interesting to see Alvendor and boypj fight it out.
i wonder if alvendor is interested

edit:

(08-09-2012 09:49 AM)P1noyboypj Wrote:  Hi all. I'm super busy nowadays so I don't have time to check forums. I'd like to play the winner of this tourney for some competition. I have a lot of "waiting for opponent" games, only to be matched against inexperienced players.

Ah you are right, forgot about that! Well, I'll see if I can make that happen...