Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nostalgic Games and Favorite Games?
11-17-2012, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2012 01:14 AM by =) Random Task (=.)
RE: Nostalgic Games and Favorite Games?
Hi chaps,

This thread brings up memories... I am 39 and havea family with two kids so my more recent gaming history is pretty much concentrated to Outwitters only.

I had an episode with Warzone 2100 an open source real time strategy game which i think is pretty cool. i found it when I was searching for a strategy Game which also runs on OSX. But I dont have enough time for this really.

On Windows there was a game called S.W.I.N.E which was made a free download already something around 7 or years ago I think. At that time I found it was amazing that such a rich and fun real time strategy game was releasedfor free. I had lots of fun with it back then.

Atabout the same time I used to play at http://www.Takto.de, which is an online version of the board game "Risk". Speaking of board games.... Do you know the game "Diplomacy". This is a really cool board game which is purely based on strategy and negotiation whithout any element of chance. It is very cool if you have some friends you can gather in person and play it for 3 to 4hours on an evening...

When going longer back in my gaming history a game called "Battle Isle" comes to my mind which I played on my Amiga computer. Actually this was a lot like Outwitters in its mechanics. With a limited number of units played on a hex grid turn by turn.

On the Amiga I also played "Populous" if some of you remember.

In my C64 times I spent a lot of time with the space trading and fighting game "Elite", Giana Sisters (jump'n run), Wizball, Paradroid, Pirates!, Pitstop2

I am sure many more games wil come to mind if I think about it longer but these pop to mind instantly.

One addition.... Do you know those little handheld games Nintendo produced before the game boy existed? There was a game called Donkey Kong Jr. Which was really great at that time. I totally loved it.

My parents never bought me such a game when I was a kid but I was always happy when a friend lent this game to me. About a year ago I bought one of these on ebay just to bring back those memories and finally to own one myself.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nostalgic Games and Favorite Games? - =) Random Task (= - 11-17-2012 10:26 PM