Starcraft 2
Hero Academy
Shadow Era
Outwitters
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2012, 04:25 AM
RE: Nostalgic Games and Favorite Games?
haha, Golden Eye =P My friends and I didn't play it much compared to Nightfire, but I still remember some great times with that game. That was was the one with all the traps right? Well there was this one map where there is a bridge and at one end you can hit a button that makes the bridge open up. I'd just crouch next to the bridge so no one could see me and then when they'd walk over it I'd spring the trap and they'd die. I don't know how everyone kept falling for it. I guess they were all too busy fighting each other. Good times =P

I can't believe I never played F-Zero. I've always loved the idea of futuristic racing, but when I was younger I could never find any good ones... Turns out there were plenty, but most notably, F-Zero and WipEout. How did I miss them both? =( Probably because none of my friends were into racing so I just never heard of them. Oh well, now I have all the recent WipEout games so it's all good. Just need an F-Zero remake... please Nintendo? =D

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
10-31-2012, 05:14 AM
wow, so many games. I didnt play many when I was younger. Mostly just starcraft brood war. Wanted to be like BoxeR someday. Didnt happen Tongue
10-31-2012, 06:32 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2012 06:34 AM by Promicide.)
(10-30-2012 08:15 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  It's cool seeing what games other people have enjoyed over the years =) And now that you've mentioned it there are quite a few more games I neglected to include but I enjoyed nonetheless.

Super Mario Galaxy, Borderlands, Pokemon FireRed

Super Mario Galaxy was a cool concept and I did enjoy my playthrough. I was borrowing it from a friend though so I didn't play it *quite* as much as you Gfich =) Also, you had a Mario Kart tournament at school?! I wish we had done stuff like that back then.

I played a lot of Borderlands with one of my friends. It was always fun, but he has really strict parents and we were still in high school so the times when our schedules would line up were pretty limited. Took us a LONG time to finally beat the game.

As for Diablo 2, unfortunately I was a bit late to the party on that one. A lot of my close friends had been obsessed with that game, but by the time I got it they had already played their share. One of my friends had even let his account with his paladin torch expire =(

I never really got into DotA, but when I brought up WarCraft 3 I was indeed referring to custom maps. I played a few skirmishes, some of the campaign, and then it was all custom maps from there. Such a huge variety. I mostly played Fortress Survival Alpha and SWAT: Aftermath but there were tons of other great maps too.

As for the Pokemon games, I only really played FireRed and SoulSilver (though actually I got around halfway through Yellow on my friend's Gameboy). I got into collecting Pokemon cards back when there was only 150. I don't really like all these new generations... seriously, Bidoof? o.O Nah, it's all about Nidoran♂ (my friend found that card on the ground at a park and gave it to me, my first Pokemon ever =O Still have it ^^). Anyway, I probably won't be playing another Pokemon game until they release 'Ultra FireRed' and 'Mega LeafGreen' where the original Pokemon take the center stage once again =) Probably won't happen, but oh well, was fun while it lasted. And I still have the full set of original cards =D

FFVII... I really need to play this. I did start playing Crisis Core but stopped for some reason. Same is true of Chrono Trigger. I don't remember disliking them, something else probably just came up. Maybe I should try again ^^

Your life will never be complete without FFVII or chrono, once you start playing ff7, a lot of crisis core will make crap ton more sense to you... I am still ever grateful for them making crisis core for the sake of us lifelong fans.

I cannot BELIEVE I forgot Pokemon... I had red version the day it came out, definitely very influential in my childhood.. I can still hear the midi file Pokemon "cries" and town themes whenever I see a kid playing the newer versions. I really wish Nintendo would start porting to iOS, because they would make a KILLING out of the sheer number of people who would gladly pay 10 bucks for Mario games on iPhones.

Edit: Oh and Goldeneye for bringing the world it's first contagious super quality FPS. Smile
10-31-2012, 08:55 AM
(10-31-2012 04:25 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  I can't believe I never played F-Zero. I've always loved the idea of futuristic racing, but when I was younger I could never find any good ones... Turns out there were plenty, but most notably, F-Zero and WipEout. How did I miss them both? =( Probably because none of my friends were into racing so I just never heard of them. Oh well, now I have all the recent WipEout games so it's all good. Just need an F-Zero remake... please Nintendo? =D

Ya F-Zero was intense for its time - very, very fast! And silky smooth! Totally forgot about that one, def one of my favs.

Proud member of Anonymous clan
Master League 1x1, occasionally top 200
Master League 2x2 w Ryzuma
11-01-2012, 05:53 PM
@RandyDogz: Oh yes, I remember those old Ultima games Smile. Definitely nostalgic. Had an amazing epic feel about them, I remember wandering around pretty lost and wondering what the meaning of life, i mean the game, was.

Here's my list, I fear many here might not be old school enough to know some of them:

Diablo 2
Dune 2 / Command & Conquer / Warcraft 2 / Starcraft
FF6/FF7/FF8
Subspace (doubt anyone here has heard of that before?)
Romance of the 3 Kingdoms
Ancient Art of War
King's Quest series
Gauntlet
Pool of Radiance
Pirates!
Street Fighter 2
Championship Manager
11-02-2012, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2012 08:17 AM by RandyDogz.)
(11-01-2012 05:53 PM)Samura| Wrote:  @RandyDogz: Oh yes, I remember those old Ultima games Smile. Definitely nostalgic. Had an amazing epic feel about them, I remember wandering around pretty lost and wondering what the meaning of life, i mean the game, was.

+1 rep for you Big Grin

The moral dilemma's were classic! Do I save up for that new weapon? Try and steal the shopkeepers chest to help finance? Or just go in and kill everyone in town and take everything?

And Pirates!, wow forgot about that one too! Fantastic ship combat with some pretty good sword fighting too!

Kings Quest, another great choice. But I was more of a Police Quest fan myself!

And Ancient Art of War - was that Sun Tzu?

Proud member of Anonymous clan
Master League 1x1, occasionally top 200
Master League 2x2 w Ryzuma
11-02-2012, 04:35 PM
(11-02-2012 08:14 AM)RandyDogz Wrote:  
(11-01-2012 05:53 PM)Samura| Wrote:  @RandyDogz: Oh yes, I remember those old Ultima games Smile. Definitely nostalgic. Had an amazing epic feel about them, I remember wandering around pretty lost and wondering what the meaning of life, i mean the game, was.

+1 rep for you Big Grin

The moral dilemma's were classic! Do I save up for that new weapon? Try and steal the shopkeepers chest to help finance? Or just go in and kill everyone in town and take everything?

And Pirates!, wow forgot about that one too! Fantastic ship combat with some pretty good sword fighting too!

Kings Quest, another great choice. But I was more of a Police Quest fan myself!

And Ancient Art of War - was that Sun Tzu?

Didn't know it by that name (Sun Tzu), but I think the hardest difficulty setting was Sun Tzu! Plus of course there was also Ancient Art of War at Sea, that was pretty amazing too! Ah yes, Police Quest - I remember finding that pretty tough initially as I didn't watch much TV at that time... hence not knowing to read someone their rights etc!!
11-17-2012, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2012 01:14 AM by =) Random Task (=.)
Hi chaps,

This thread brings up memories... I am 39 and havea family with two kids so my more recent gaming history is pretty much concentrated to Outwitters only.

I had an episode with Warzone 2100 an open source real time strategy game which i think is pretty cool. i found it when I was searching for a strategy Game which also runs on OSX. But I dont have enough time for this really.

On Windows there was a game called S.W.I.N.E which was made a free download already something around 7 or years ago I think. At that time I found it was amazing that such a rich and fun real time strategy game was releasedfor free. I had lots of fun with it back then.

Atabout the same time I used to play at http://www.Takto.de, which is an online version of the board game "Risk". Speaking of board games.... Do you know the game "Diplomacy". This is a really cool board game which is purely based on strategy and negotiation whithout any element of chance. It is very cool if you have some friends you can gather in person and play it for 3 to 4hours on an evening...

When going longer back in my gaming history a game called "Battle Isle" comes to my mind which I played on my Amiga computer. Actually this was a lot like Outwitters in its mechanics. With a limited number of units played on a hex grid turn by turn.

On the Amiga I also played "Populous" if some of you remember.

In my C64 times I spent a lot of time with the space trading and fighting game "Elite", Giana Sisters (jump'n run), Wizball, Paradroid, Pirates!, Pitstop2

I am sure many more games wil come to mind if I think about it longer but these pop to mind instantly.

One addition.... Do you know those little handheld games Nintendo produced before the game boy existed? There was a game called Donkey Kong Jr. Which was really great at that time. I totally loved it.

My parents never bought me such a game when I was a kid but I was always happy when a friend lent this game to me. About a year ago I bought one of these on ebay just to bring back those memories and finally to own one myself.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
11-18-2012, 12:26 AM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2012 01:11 AM by Necrocat219.)
Oldest game I've played (apart from arcade games) is AOE1, I had so much fun messing around on it as a kid and I still tinker around on it now and then with its easy graphics and iconic sounds

I've always loved Pokemon, I'm extremely competitive but the new games they are chugging out are complete garbage. I've placed 96th out of 5000 players once online and go to qualifiers for Pokemon world championship (and fail Tongue) every year - damn knockout :L

FF Chrisis core is the only one I enjoyed in the series. Maybe because of the repetitive nature.

SSBM I loved this so so so much, even though I sucked at it xD

Mass effect games

Mario and luigi Superstar Saga, Partners in time and Bowsers story - I just lovd these games soooooo much, there's no other game where I get so attached to the story, the little inside jokes and puns, the original turn based combat of dodging attacks! I played partners in time 3 times over I just lived it so much! First time round getting to the final boss was really difficult and is the only game I've never managed to complete in one run (as in having to reset the game or giving up)

I have an Xbox, but I bought it when CID was all the rage and I thought Cod and the likes were taboo; then I started playing and got bored... So I only really use it for ME123, Skyrim and will play fabled soon

PS I forgot Skies or Arcadia? The one with sky pirated?

PSS Touhou is my guilty pleasure of a game
PSSS I've been meaning to get round to diplomacy, I love risk and play vortex wars online. Only problem is I find that games like that get old fast and trolls ruining games are common. My fix to that is clan wars

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?