Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
would it be better if P1 is nerfed a little bit ?
10-29-2012, 07:20 PM
Star would it be better if P1 is nerfed a little bit ?
i am in Master League now, but having a lot of loses because i am. P2 on %80 of my games , and to be honest i lost most of the time when i am P2. i have seen the topic of greatgonzales but i would ask something totally different. Could it be possible to nerf p1 in some maps ? what do u think about it, for example removing a runner in Sweetie pains or so..Dodgy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-2012, 08:35 PM
RE: would it be better if P1 is nerfed a little bit ?
In the upcoming update, there is an FTA fix which attempts to bring P2 up to speed in terms of material and advantage, rather than nerf P1 and severely limit options for the first player.
10-30-2012, 05:38 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2012 05:39 AM by Emuchu.)
RE: would it be better if P1 is nerfed a little bit ?
The short version of it is this:

FTA (first-turn advantage) is an issue, OML knows about this an has calculated P1's win ratio to be about 60:40, regardless of league.
The community considered reducing P1's starting Wits by 2/3, which would be fair, but then Player 1 is basically wasting a turn, since he always has to take the Wit Spaces.
OML is implementing the alternative during the beta, giving Player 2 8(?) starting Wits, which gives Player 2 the resources to setup while simultaneously scouting for Player 1's opening. The Wit advantage now jumps between the two players throughout the game.

If all goes well, the update (as well as the new Team and a lot of aesthetic updates) should be submitted to Apple within the week.