Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What does it take to get promoted???
10-27-2012, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2012 09:49 AM by Ser Purple Wolf.)
What does it take to get promoted???
I steadily climbed from fluffy to clever to gifted. I enjoyed having fun messing around with all the classes. BUT now, I want to get promoted to masters. I may not be the best player in the universe, but I top my league and I'm pretty decent when it comes to strategy

I put on my try hard pants and tightened down my belt.
I no longer play as Adorables, [except for 2v2]
I actually watch replays. [sometimes I don't even bother because I crush people I get matched against]
I am on a 10 win streak!

E.I.
I just played a match on Glitch as player 2. We are both Bombshell team. Scallywags? He neve once touched my base or spawned a bombshell. I thought that was weird, or maybe I'm a little crazy.

Replay

GC: Great Wolf Sif
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2012, 09:55 AM
RE: What does it take to get promoted???
A winning streak means increasing your hidden rating, if you lose it doesn't mean you won't get promoted
The hidden rating determines who you get matched against, when yours is high enough to get matched against master league players it means you are close to a promotion, you need to win two games against master league players to get promoted
Goodluck
10-27-2012, 09:58 AM
I really screwed myself over then.

Thank You!!

GC: Great Wolf Sif
10-27-2012, 10:07 AM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2012 10:12 AM by GoHeat 3.)
(10-27-2012 09:55 AM)blckace Wrote:  A winning streak means increasing your hidden rating, if you lose it doesn't mean you won't get promoted
The hidden rating determines who you get matched against, when yours is high enough to get matched against master league players it means you are close to a promotion, you need to win two games against master league players to get promoted
Goodluck
Are you sure only two?
(10-27-2012 09:48 AM)SerPurpleWolf Wrote:  I put on my try hard pants and tightened down my belt.
I no longer play as Adorables, [except for 2v2]
I actually watch replays.
Lol, if I did all 3 of these things I might be better too!

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
10-27-2012, 11:54 AM
I have an old thread named about the same as this one. It took me about 30 games from clever to gifted and about another 25 to get to masters. But I've only lost 2 games (out of 60). Once I was matched up against the next league for I think 5-7 games, I was promoted. It was definitely more than 2 games for me.
10-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Yes I agree with Thrutchy, my experience is very similar. The promotions from Fluffy to Clever and from Clever to Gifted both took about 30 games with >95% wins, and after being matched against players from the league above for about 5-7 games. I'm currently in Gifted and have started being matched against Masters... I already have 4 wins above my class, still waiting for promotion.
10-31-2012, 06:21 PM
I started out as a fluffy. Mostly clever to gifted. Very long at masters. Now stuck at super-titan. Smile

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
10-31-2012, 06:25 PM
(10-31-2012 06:21 PM)joelduque Wrote:  I started out as a fluffy. Mostly clever to gifted. Very long at masters. Now stuck at super-titan. Smile

stuck? haha

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
11-01-2012, 12:19 AM
(10-27-2012 09:55 AM)blckace Wrote:  A winning streak means increasing your hidden rating, if you lose it doesn't mean you won't get promoted
Goodluck

I'm pretty sure with this system everyone thinks they know how it works but no one really does. I just got promoted to super Titan off master players. You don't have to beat the league above you to get promoted, it just helps. The only thing for sure you need is a good win:loss
11-01-2012, 02:21 AM
I started in fluffy. It only took 10 quick wins for me to go into clever. In the clever league, it took me about 60 games to get promoted to gifted. I realized that about 10 games from promotion i was matched up against gifted players. So I think the you are promoted once you can prove that you can beat those with a better skill rating. I do think promotion is way to slow and the ranking system needs to be changed so we can see the "hidden ranking".