Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Create your own special unit!
06-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Create your own special unit!
So!.... Checking out info about the out witters (and reading stuff), all of the different "teams" share 5 of the same units, with only the special unit being different. So I thought this thread could be made for the people to share their creative ideas about a special unit and perhaps a team that would fit that special unit (or a special unit that would fit a new team...).

Personally, I feel like it'd be cool to have a special unit that could make phantoms of different units. For example, you could make phantoms of heavies or something and distract the opponent from your real units. Not sure what kind of team this would fit but....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2012, 11:50 PM
RE: Create your own special unit!
A few ideas without knowing much about the game:
-Can create barriers that have to be destroyed before a unit can move onto or through a space.
-Gives an aura to make friendlies better and/or baddies worse.
-Super high movement.
-Super damage/hp.
-Once on the board makes all other units cheaper to make.
-Makes baddie units more expensive.
-Summons friendlies to nearby spaces.
-Self explode to damage surrounding baddies.
06-02-2012, 01:31 AM
Some of these ideas could work, but 1 or 2 are already filled. The standard units are:

(1) scout/light damage

(2) medium infantry

(3) heavy infantry

(4) healer (can buff slightly) - cant attack and low health

(5) mid-range low health shooter.

The three special units are:

(1) teleports to its location - good mobility, low health, no attack;

(2) heavy artilliery unit

(3) converts enemy unit.

The idea I like best is probably a Paladin type unit, combining a heal/buff with health, armor and an attack. You usually get a healer to start, and I dont think I have yet seen anyone buy another when its killed. So the Paladin could fill a real role.
10-28-2012, 08:22 AM
Maybe something like the paladin but it would steal 1 speed + 1 damage from an adjacent enemy unit and give it to a friendly unit? Would work best with a monster-themed team I think -- it'd go well with a witch.
10-28-2012, 11:20 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2012 11:26 PM by =) Random Task (=.)
One idea could be a camouflage unit which doesn'reveal by its look what it is. Only after attacking it would be clear to the opponent. Such unit could cost 1 wit more than a regular unit.

However, i am quite convinced that the current unit selection provides us with enough diversity and any additional units would only cause clutter and not improve gameplay.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.