Poll: What do you think about this proposed change: Gaining wits for kills?
'Wits for kills' would worsen the game
'Wits for kills' would improve the game
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alex & Adam - Getting +1 Wit for Kills: Why it's a really poor change to Outwitters
10-26-2012, 02:58 PM
RE: Alex & Adam - Getting +1 Wit for Kills: Why it's a really poor change to Outwitters
(10-26-2012 09:19 AM)Admiral 77 Wrote:  
(10-26-2012 04:45 AM)Promicide Wrote:  I do believe a lot of naysayers are embittered and opposed to the change because it will force them to re-assess their strategy..

Why would we want to have to relearn/rebuild our strategies that we have been developing for months for a game that is already considered to have nearly perfect game mechanics by a majority of this forum?? Someone else said " why fix what isn't broken?"; I completely agree.

I fear that many players will not want to reinvest the necessary time to learn the new strategies. I am not sure that I will...

Can't speak for you, but it should be the art of developing new strategy that makes this game worth playing. You are definitely right about the fact that there is nothing "broken". However other developers (like blizzard) have made changes against the will and wishes of their players and it usually ends up for the best in the long run. I'm not saying this is the case here, but I don't think it will literally ruin the game. I'm no ST, but I am a master league player. And the thought of this change in the games mechanics kind of excited me. It throws specials for different races into a different balance, but I would say to mod the specials and not remove the kill for wit change
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alex & Adam - Getting +1 Wit for Kills: Why it's a really poor change to Outwitters - Promicide - 10-26-2012 02:58 PM