Poll: What do you think about this proposed change: Gaining wits for kills?
'Wits for kills' would worsen the game
'Wits for kills' would improve the game
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alex & Adam - Getting +1 Wit for Kills: Why it's a really poor change to Outwitters
10-26-2012, 02:07 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2012 02:13 PM by CombatEX.)
RE: Alex & Adam - Getting +1 Wit for Kills: Why it's a really poor change to Outwitters
(10-26-2012 01:52 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  That's about the 5th time I've heard someone say that the developers' goal is to make the game more enjoyable for the casual player. Did they actually say that somewhere or is that an assumption.

Adam posted this sentiment on the beta forums. I'm not sure it's okay to pull his quote from there and put it on here so I'll just reiterate, yes, the 'appeal to casual players' argument was expressed by OML in a beta thread where people were discussing +1 wits.

As for doing it for more money, I certainly wouldn't blame them and would in fact encourage it if I thought it would work. It's not some cheap sell-out like adding in-game currency and powerups for real money. ugh... even the thought makes me sick. Rather, it's just a change in gameplay that, though I personally think is less fun, doesn't break the game. So again, if it somehow makes more people buy the game, I'm all for it. I just don't see why a casual player would think +1 wits is more fun when it actually increases the amount they need to think before making a turn. In other words, if anything I would worry about this change having an adverse result.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alex & Adam - Getting +1 Wit for Kills: Why it's a really poor change to Outwitters - CombatEX - 10-26-2012 02:07 PM