Poll: What do you think about this proposed change: Gaining wits for kills?
'Wits for kills' would worsen the game
'Wits for kills' would improve the game
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alex & Adam - Getting +1 Wit for Kills: Why it's a really poor change to Outwitters
10-26-2012, 09:45 AM
RE: Alex & Adam - Getting +1 Wit for Kills: Why it's a really poor change to Outwitters
(10-26-2012 09:24 AM)Emuchu Wrote:  
(10-26-2012 08:55 AM)Ravernoth Wrote:  Unpredictability is interesting, but it also lowers the skill factor.

How about other ways to make the game more strategically interesting without sacrificing skill, such as adding units/teams/terrain variables/game modes etc.

I don't think adding variables implicitly reduces the skill involved in gameplay. It'll increase the amount of calculation required to launch an attack, and players will be more able to launch attacks more often, but it's not like these values will be hidden or randomized, and I believe they'll be accountable like anything else in this game. It's just adding options to a strategy game, to me, and I wouldn't classify it as unpredictable.

Which leads me to ask, under what grounds do you think the +Wit/Kill change will reduce the skill needed to play this game at high levels?
More likely would be that it widens the gap between highly skilled players and less skilled players.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alex & Adam - Getting +1 Wit for Kills: Why it's a really poor change to Outwitters - worldfamous - 10-26-2012 09:45 AM