Poll: What do you think about this proposed change: Gaining wits for kills?
'Wits for kills' would worsen the game
'Wits for kills' would improve the game
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alex & Adam - Getting +1 Wit for Kills: Why it's a really poor change to Outwitters
10-26-2012, 08:38 AM
RE: Alex & Adam - Getting +1 Wit for Kills: Why it's a really poor change to Outwitters
One of the unintentional side-effects of the Wit/Kill mechanic, now that I think about it, could be a side-effect buff to Mobi. The bonus kill wits may discourage sacrificial Runner recon, but Mobi's guerrilla recall tactics (where the Adorables team sends a unit forward to kill something in a normally suicidal attack, but Mobi recalls the unit afterwards, see Calmon!'s replays) allow the Adorables team to carry on their business as usual. This gives Mobi the additional utility of being a recon unit. It sounds nifty, but as Adam and Alex make it sound, Adorables isn't getting much representation right now.

As for the whole element of uncertainty, I think I'm for it. Several players say that they can often guess, with extreme accuracy, what their opponents are doing at any given time, so adding more numbers to crunch sounds to complicate things will hopefully make games more interesting.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alex & Adam - Getting +1 Wit for Kills: Why it's a really poor change to Outwitters - Emuchu - 10-26-2012 08:38 AM