Poll: What do you think about this proposed change: Gaining wits for kills?
'Wits for kills' would worsen the game
'Wits for kills' would improve the game
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alex & Adam - Getting +1 Wit for Kills: Why it's a really poor change to Outwitters
10-26-2012, 03:45 AM
RE: Alex & Adam - Getting +1 Wit for Kills: Why it's a really poor change to Outwitters
(10-26-2012 03:06 AM)oneadamleft Wrote:  It breaks up stalemates faster by giving the player with more kills more momentum. It allows smart aggressive players to move up reinforcements on their attack run, and smart defensive players more resources to react. It also makes it slightly harder to count wits and predict each other's moves. Making the games less predictable is, in our opinion, more fun. Some of our testers agree with that. Some have not.

I think Ravernot has already mentioned that "wits for kills" actually encourages more turtling. Instead of attacking, I would like to beef up my units, and set up an attack slowly, because I would not want to attack at once, and leave all my units hanging for the other team to kill. Adding unpredictability also discourages me to attack at once.

Under the current mechanics, I already make it a point to try and stay aggressive. Being passive lets the opponent set up that Bombshell. I still believe that to reduce turtling, nerfing the Bombshell is the way to go.

At least that's my point of view. Maybe it's just a new mechanic that we will get used to in the long run. But at the very least, if this pushes through, scrambling should also give +1 wit.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alex & Adam - Getting +1 Wit for Kills: Why it's a really poor change to Outwitters - poweewee - 10-26-2012 03:45 AM