Poll: What do you think about this proposed change: Gaining wits for kills?
'Wits for kills' would worsen the game
'Wits for kills' would improve the game
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alex & Adam - Getting +1 Wit for Kills: Why it's a really poor change to Outwitters
10-25-2012, 11:52 AM
RE: Alex & Adam - Getting +1 Wit for Kills: Why it's a really poor change to Outwitters
I voted 'Wits for kills' would worsen the game. I couldn't say it is poor change to Outwitters at this moment because I am lack of experience. however, it could hurt the feedback players as we all know scramber is the weakest specail unit that only has 1 or 2 hp. Also, the new converted unit only has 1 hp. so, both of the are easy to kill if they don't have medic backup. however, medic is weak too....so, it may make the balance (my opinion) team become not balance. Also, it may make runner more expensive if it is killed by the opponent. we all know the each type of unit (runner, soldier, heavy, medic, plus specail unit) has its functions which is almost balance. will the change create another inbalance...I really cannot say at this moment...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2012, 11:58 AM
RE: Alex & Adam - Getting +1 Wit for Kills: Why it's a really poor change to Outwitters
The crazy part is that the monetary issues are related to low download numbers, not conversion. How will changing gameplay improve download rates? This whole thing makes no sense. They would do so much better by just slapping a super on the icon. Probably the worst icon of any game on the best game in the App Store. Gameplay=Perfect, Icon=HORRIBLE. Icons are very important in the App Store. All the amazing artwork in game and they use that crappy icon. I want everyone to stick your head out the window and scream, "I'M AS MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!"
10-25-2012, 03:46 PM
(10-25-2012 11:58 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  The crazy part is that the monetary issues are related to low download numbers, not conversion. How will changing gameplay improve download rates? This whole thing makes no sense.

Completely agree!! Changes need to be made to the App Store page for outwitters. Considering all the publicity outwitters has received from being in Editors Choice, Top Turn Based Games, etc, the game has definitely had hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of hits on the download page. If people aren't downloading, that is due to poor description, boring screenshots, bad icon...

Personally, when I first looked at the game, I thought the screenshots were pretty terrible. Couldn't really tell what was going on. Didn't look interesting. I almost didn't download... Sure glad I did though!!! Hands down my favorite app !!

[Admiral 77] Super-Titan
#35 in Top 100
10-25-2012, 04:32 PM
(10-25-2012 11:27 AM)garcia1000 Wrote:  Ravernoth persuasively provides us with the "against" side of this debate. Would someone provide the "for" side, or is it so hated by testers that no one likes it, lol

This, please! The way Ravernoth puts it, the Wit/Kill mechanic is starting to sound like the super / revenge / ultra / etc.etc gauges they keep sticking into Street Fighter because it's "not fast enough". I never really like having larger swings happening more often in matches, but who knows? I need to hear the pros.
10-25-2012, 04:51 PM
We'll get a poll going in the beta forum, as voters there would have had the chance to actually test the change and therefore hopefully give a poll result that is more 'credible' to OML Smile.
10-25-2012, 05:24 PM
It sound great! 95% voters voted 'worsen' didnt mean anything because most of the voters here are not testers!
10-25-2012, 06:02 PM
Beta testers would have in depth understanding of the nuances, but all Outwitters players who have invested time and effort learning the game can give valid opinions on this proposed change by thinking through its obvious effects.
10-25-2012, 06:21 PM
Yes, you are right. We all can give the valid opinion on the proposed change. To me, I don't want to implement this in rush. However, we only can believe the beta testers because they got experience on the change and they are Outwitters players too. I don't think they want to ruin it.
10-25-2012, 07:03 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2012 07:04 PM by =) Random Task (=.)
I am also not taking part in the poll since I haven't played yet under the new rule. However I am a bit worried about the change.
I think such a change should be implemented as an option only, so that players can decide if they want a game with or without the "wit for kill" rule.

I once played an online game version of the strategy game "Risk" on http://www.takto.de. They also have several game variations as a selection and you were paired only to other players who selected to be paired according to the same selection.... it worked pretty well when I played it and the player community was smaller than the community outwitters is already attracting.
not to forget I agree we should also give room for the pro arguments.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
10-25-2012, 07:38 PM
I can't really think of any pro arguments here. Of course I haven't played the beta, but. It's not like addressing FTA, where there is an obvious improvement to balance. This is a new mechanic, which all of us will probably get used to, but then again, the current mechanics work just fine, so, why fix the vase when it ain't broken?

If the reason for this would to speed up games, and encourage more players, then I suppose the balancing of the Bombshell would be the issue that has to be resolved. I honestly have not seen anyone turtle effectively with snipers. It will always boil down to that Bombshell.

I'm also not sure if increasing the number of downloads also relates to an increase in revenue. If those players just download the game and play it for free, then the problem isn't solved. If I was a new player, and the games became faster, then I might not need the extra 20 game slots anyway. I still think the main issue to be solved is how to encourage all of these downloaders to reach into their pockets and pay for something (Skins, additional game modes such as campaigns or playing against an AI, etc.)