Poll: What do you think about this proposed change: Gaining wits for kills?
'Wits for kills' would worsen the game
'Wits for kills' would improve the game
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alex & Adam - Getting +1 Wit for Kills: Why it's a really poor change to Outwitters
10-25-2012, 06:22 AM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2012 07:19 AM by ArtNJ.)
RE: Alex & Adam - Getting +1 Wit for Kills: Why it's a really poor change to Outwitters
I've stated my rational elsewhere: on certain maps, it helps the attacker, because the limiting factor is the initial wits to strike the first blow. The defender, with 2 or in some cases 3 fewer units after the initial blow, cant generate or use extra wits effectively from the hole they are in after the first strike of enhanced potency. Its not insta-win or anything like that, but Harti has demonstrated a powerful initiative in a couple of games. This is a problem on single spawn maps where P2's extra wits are hard to utilize.

In other situations, particularly on the 2 spawn maps where FTA is less of an issue with the 3 bonus wits for p2, I predict that enhanced defensive ability will or at least could lead to more protracted and long games. I havent had anything along these lines yet, but its something I predict.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alex & Adam - Getting +1 Wit for Kills: Why it's a really poor change to Outwitters - ArtNJ - 10-25-2012 06:22 AM