Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scrambler Balance?
10-24-2012, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2012 04:49 PM by Katastrophe.)
RE: Scrambler Balance?
No, I understand your opinion and why the play would be seen in bad. I'm just saying is that home boy was going balls to the wall and I need some firepower to soften him up and let the Soldiers clean up. If I let one Soldier get to my base, it was game over.

If you watch another one of my games, something more "standard", you might get a better idea of where I stand. Really, basing my style on that game would be like watching a PvZ game of StarCraft and saying I made a mistake by not doing a Forge Fast Expand when my opponent was 10pooling me. Granted, unless you play SC2 a bit competitively, that comparison won't mean a damn thing to you.

I'd rather you watch this one. I was hoping to post more as I'm on a winning spree but all my completed recent games are short ones. Looks like the other ones got pushed out. Honestly, I don't know how I got put in "Fluffy" but whatever, I like starting from the bottom. Perhaps facing awpertunity in a placement game had something to do with it... >_> I should move out of this quickly enough. I have 197 points, second has 142, and third is at 93... so yeah...

To keep this thread on track, if you watch the replay and see an opportunity where a Scrambler would have made more sense, let me know. I honestly just don't see it unless I'm pooling a lot of Wit for some reason. But on the larger maps where I have two spawn points, I'm just constantly producing Soldiers. It's gross.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2012, 04:51 PM
@Katastrophe
@garcia1000

lawl lawl lawl.

Gentlemen. Gentlemen. Settle this on the battlefield! And then post the replay!!! Tongue

[Admiral 77] Super-Titan
#35 in Top 100
Find all posts by this user
10-24-2012, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2012 04:55 PM by Katastrophe.)
That'd be amusing.
I'll keep a spot open once my opponents wake up and realize they're about to lose. Wink

I legitimately have 3-5 games where they've lost all their Wit tiles and their base is on 1 HP and they're still going for the comeback.
/sigh
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-24-2012, 05:16 PM
I think we all felt that way about scrambler in the beginning. It feels like the most powerful unit I'm the game when you use it to finish your opponent, as you described in turning the bombshell. Then you run into a Bombshell defense that seems impenetrable and you're sure it's useless and needs a couple more HP to compete. For me, the bombshell is a defensive rock that is always useful. However, Both mobi and scrambler are game changers. Find the weak link in the defense and either can finish the game quickly. As for your thoughts on balance and your bout with Garcia, I think you'll look back and laugh after some experience. Having said that, I think you're right about Garcia sounding condescending. I'm sure he didn't mean it that way, but it sure sounded like it.
10-24-2012, 07:00 PM
(10-24-2012 04:47 PM)Katastrophe Wrote:  I'd rather you watch this one. I was hoping to post more as I'm on a winning spree but all my completed recent games are short ones.

This match is better.

Turn 15: Instead of a second sniper, you should save up wits for a scrambler.

Also you should be attacking his side witpoint, not defending the center in this type of game. If you're massing troops in the center, you are basically trying for a surprise rush. If you're trying for a surprise rush, you need a scrambler.
10-24-2012, 07:37 PM
i think the scrambler can be better appreciated on small maps like glitch. Big Grin

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
10-24-2012, 08:05 PM
I know there are a lot of comments on the, but wanted to give my personal input. I feel that the biggest strength of the Scrambler is that it is more reflexive than the other specials. Mobi, Bombshell and now Bramble require a lot of preparation to get their potential. The Scrambler by comparison can be used instantly. A strategy I employ is to keep 3 Wits saved up. If the opponent manages to swarm one of my spawn points, I can bring in a Scrambler for an instant reversal. The other specials are not as useful in these situations.
The key difference to playing the Scrambler is that you do not base your strategy around him. Instead, you should play aggressively with your base units to prevent your opponent bringing their special into play, then capitalise with the Scrambler to secure victory. Of course this is a generalisation, but it helps to keep in mind and apply the idea to the different situations you encounter.
One more thing, the Scrambler is an excellent defensive tool. Keep him hanging back near your base while pushing forward with your units. If the opponent moves in range then you have instant reinforcements.
Hope this helps the diehard Feedback players.
10-24-2012, 08:39 PM
The threat of the scrambler is powerful. You can't send lone runners to snipe their medic, etc. And you need a two soldier wall to protect your scrambler, and so on. Being aware of the opponent's field of vision and also their likely field of vision (i.e. what will they see if they spawn and move logically?) is important. Also it requires GUTS. For example putting a scrambler four hexes away from an enemy soldier with no protection. If he knows your scrambler is there then you lose it, but if he doesn't find out then you turn the tide
10-24-2012, 11:12 PM
Not sure if 2v2 can be included but I've used the scrambler successfully several times in it. Scrambler starts around move 20outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIQCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YwL1wDA

iPro Clan
10-24-2012, 11:13 PM
Here's how I see it:

Bombshell- lock down a pretty good section of the map with proper surrounding units

Scrambler- excellent near-spawn defensive capabilities, sneaky offensive abilities, very scary if you know one's been deployed but can't figure out where it is

Mobi- summon heavies or snipers to front line, attack from 7 hexes away for 3 damage, attack twice from a single hex by bringing the first attacker to mobi, pull medics to units needing healed or units needing healed to medics, jump a runner into enemy territory(maybe hit their base too) for vision then pull it back to safety, move partner units on your turn in 2v2, other things I haven't seen or thought of

Three very different play styles each good at different things. Play the one you enjoy the most!