Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scrambler Balance?
10-24-2012, 12:27 PM
RE: Scrambler Balance?
May be I show you an example how a genius use a scrambler, then you don't have to doubt how powerful it is. hope he doesn't mind I show it here Wink

outwitters://viewgame?id=ag5vdXR3aXR0ZXJzZ2FtZXIRCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YxI6zAQw

focus on:

turn 22-defense
turn 34-offense
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2012, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2012 12:45 PM by Katastrophe.)
(10-24-2012 12:27 PM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  Fix'd for my convenience.
- Kat
I'll check this out in a second.

Also, in regards to the Glitch game with Sir3 vs Alvendor... it's actually a perfect example of risk/reward because while the Scrambler did turn the tide and win the game, if Alvendor had scouted to the left with that Runner on Turn 12 (think that's the correct number) instead of closer towards his opponent's Wit tile, he would have seen it coming and been able to react. It wouldn't have been useless but it wouldn't have won him the game.

Edit: Here is a full game of mine that showcases how I play and hopefully how I can't ever seem to justify investing in a Scrambler.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-24-2012, 12:47 PM
(10-24-2012 12:39 PM)Katastrophe Wrote:  
(10-24-2012 12:27 PM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  Fix'd for my convenience.
- Kat
I'll check this out in a second.

Also, in regards to the Glitch game with Sir3 vs Alvendor... it's actually a perfect example of risk/reward because while the Scrambler did turn the tide and win the game, if Alvendor had scouted to the left with that Runner on Turn 12 (think that's the correct number) instead of closer towards his opponent's Wit tile, he would have seen it coming and been able to react. It wouldn't have been useless but it wouldn't have won him the game.

That's why I told you I can not be a good feedback player. you must know WHERE and WHEN to hide the scrambler in order to reduce the risk.
10-24-2012, 12:58 PM
(10-24-2012 12:18 PM)Katastrophe Wrote:  This game is the latest one I completed and doesn't really illustrate an opportunity where I simply chose not to use a Scrambler. Instead, it shows how I play - reactive, and often with a lot of smaller units. I don't have any games completed that show how I play...

Turn 5: Sniper spawning is terrible. Make a soldier instead. Moving Heavy is bad, wastes a wit.

Turn 7: Waste two wits moving medic and sniper. Then you make another sniper ????

I didn't watch further but you need to work on your fundamentals before using scrambler or bombshell or whatever. If you give up like 8 wits even when your opponent doesn't take his wit space (???) then scrambler will be weak lol
10-24-2012, 01:15 PM
(10-24-2012 12:27 PM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  focus on:
turn 22-defense
turn 34-offense
That was a good example of how it can be effective, thank you. I stand by my opinion, however, that it's far more situational than the Bombshell. I guess the trade off is between a specialized, but amazingly powerful unit or a generalized, fairly powerful unit.

(10-24-2012 12:58 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  Turn 5: Sniper spawning is terrible. Make a soldier instead. Moving Heavy is bad, wastes a wit.

Turn 7: Waste two wits moving medic and sniper. Then you make another sniper ????

I didn't watch further but you need to work on your fundamentals before using scrambler or bombshell or whatever. If you give up like 8 wits even when your opponent doesn't take his wit space (???) then scrambler will be weak lol
While I appreciate the feedback on my performance, I didn't ask for it. While, upon viewing the replay, I did make a few minor mistakes (a Wit here or there, a lost Sniper), every move I made was for a specific reason.

I've lost a few games recently on that map due to strong Sniper pushes through the center - I decided that that's what I was going to do. This is why I make a lot of Runners on my first few turns - to get vision. Since the Sniper, even upgraded, is pretty frail, I wanted to see every threat coming before it even knew it was a threat.

A few turns in, however, I see that he is just throwing Soldier after Soldier along the bottom. I overextended a bit, hoping to just strong arm and delay him and I wasn't prepared for the sheer quantity of units he was throwing that way. The reason I make another Sniper is because if I had continued to pump Soldiers, he would have rolled me due to the sheer number of units he was bringing. My production would not have been able to keep up with him. So I made a few Soldiers to wall off that side of my base and the snipers to soften them and continued with my original plan to push through the middle with my Sniper.

So please do not tell me that I need to work on my fundamentals before using a particular unit. Both my opponent and I went into the game with clear strategies and executed them. Your remark is extremely condescending to both me and my opponent. Thanks.
10-24-2012, 02:46 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2012 02:47 PM by garcia1000.)
So anyone else think those sniper things were good moves? lol, I try to educate you in good faith, but then you flame me.
10-24-2012, 03:00 PM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2012 03:02 PM by joelduque.)
(10-24-2012 02:46 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  So anyone else think those sniper things were good moves? lol, I try to educate you in good faith, but then you flame me.

Super-Titan level tips should at least be respected. While he can learn by experience himself, it would take much longer and cost additional match losses. True that comments were not asked but once a person posts anything in the forums, be ready for any reply under the sun. It always pays to be humble and reasonable.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
10-24-2012, 03:46 PM
I wasn't flaming you. I'm sorry you feel that way.

If you're Super-Titan then yes, your tips should be respected.
When you do not bother to watch the entire game, let alone question my decisions but instead call them terrible despite the fact that, as I stated, made each move for a specific reason... then no, no respect is given. Having a rank does not warrant respect - being respectful warrants respect.

Had you said "Why did you make a Sniper on Turn 5 instead of a Soldier?" instead of "Sniper spawn is terrible", I would've responded in a much more respectful manner. You can ask ArtNJ about my comprehension of turn based strategy. Until I started working full time again, I ran a blog for Hero Academy that did in-depth analysis of units, maps and their general strategies and gameplay reviews that was not only featured by the primary fan site (where the league was tracked) but also by the developers themselves.

Not trying to measure ePeens or anything.
Just saying I'm not a noob - don't patronize me.

We cool?
10-24-2012, 04:16 PM
(10-24-2012 02:46 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  So anyone else think those sniper things were good moves? lol, I try to educate you in good faith, but then you flame me.

What are you talking about? I thought they were supertitan level moves Tongue
10-24-2012, 04:23 PM
We cool!

A) Being bad at this game is fine. Not everyone is competitive, and many people enjoy playing the game for the nice music, the sense of community, cute Adorables.
B) Offering balance suggestions is fine. That can improve the game.

However, when you combine both A) and B), it's natural for people to ignore your suggestions. Alternatively, the more helpful people can try to make you become better, so you can see why your opinions are wrong. What we definitely can't do, though, is to treat your opinions with the same level of respect accorded to good players.

For example, not a single player in top 100 ranks would spawn two snipers like you did, because they are aware of wit costs, space control, and lots of things that you aren't aware of. You can either learn these things through losing a lot of games, or through listening to better players. I see that you chose the first option, and that's fine with me! So I'll stop posting unless you want my opinion again. Cheers! We cool!