Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scoring system?
10-22-2012, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2012 07:48 PM by terenceshiu2005.)
Scoring system?
It could be duplicated post. I would like to know more about the scoring system. Can someone help me on this? I just finished two matches with player who is currently in super titan. I won those matches, I got 6 marks for each match. I know it is the lowest mark for a winner. I understand if I am having a match with a player who is in master or lower. sometime, I am frustrated because I will lose 15 or 16 marks if I lose a match even my opponent is in super Titan. What are the major factors for scoring? I really don't have many idea about the scoring system...

Which league my opponent and I in?
First turn/second turn player?
no. of turns it take to end the game?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2012, 05:39 PM
RE: Scoring system?
That could be because you're so highly ranked, that you are expected to almost always win. (You're #5 in the Top 200 list.)

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
10-22-2012, 05:56 PM
For someone with the same "hidden rating" as you, you will get -12 for a loss and +18 for a win. The hidden rating is the ranking on the weekly top 200 list.
10-22-2012, 06:27 PM
Battle for the Super-Titan Ailing Trail division looks tough.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
10-22-2012, 07:24 PM
(10-22-2012 05:56 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  For someone with the same "hidden rating" as you, you will get -12 for a loss and +18 for a win. The hidden rating is the ranking on the weekly top 200 list.

Thank you for your information! Can we (or top 200) share this information? I agreed it shall have penatly to a player in higher league or bonus to a player in lower league. My opponent in those matches is in top 100 as well. #3 in the Super Titan division. I got +6, he got -2 for both matches. BTW, I also experienced no score was given in a matche against a Super Titan.
10-22-2012, 07:26 PM
The "no score" thing is a known bug. It usually happens if there are connection problems during the submission of the last turn. It's only a visual bug though, even the end of game screen has no points in it, they still get properly added or deducted.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
10-22-2012, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2012 07:39 PM by terenceshiu2005.)
(10-22-2012 06:27 PM)joelduque Wrote:  Battle for the Super-Titan Ailing Trail division looks tough.

Hehe! it is fun to chase you in this division!
(10-22-2012 07:26 PM)Eijolend Wrote:  The "no score" thing is a known bug. It usually happens if there are connection problems during the submission of the last turn. It's only a visual bug though, even the end of game screen has no points in it, they still get properly added or deducted.

Thanks! Yes, I thought it should be a bug. I didn't remember my score.
10-22-2012, 08:02 PM
(10-22-2012 07:24 PM)terenceshiu2005 Wrote:  Thank you for your information! Can we (or top 200) share this information? I agreed it shall have penatly to a player in higher league or bonus to a player in lower league. My opponent in those matches is in top 100 as well. #3 in the Super Titan division. I got +6, he got -2 for both matches. BTW, I also experienced no score was given in a matche against a Super Titan.

It's fine to share the info.

The league points/ranking are irrelevant to competitive players. It's mainly to make non-competitive players feel good about their sense of progression. There are around 150 competitive players of this game and the bottom 50 of them wanted to know their rating too, that's why the expanded the list to 200.

If you got +6 for winning, it means your hidden rating is far above his and you were heavily favored to win.
10-23-2012, 02:54 AM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2012 03:00 AM by CombatEX.)
(10-22-2012 05:56 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  For someone with the same "hidden rating" as you, you will get -12 for a loss and +18 for a win.

How did you find this out?

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
10-23-2012, 02:58 AM
The highest i've seen is 29 points if your opponent is strongly favored