RE: What league are you?
I voted gifted, although I'm hoping to get out of that league. :/
[upwards to masters]

GC: Great Wolf Sif
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2012, 11:02 AM
(10-22-2012 10:55 AM)SerPurpleWolf Wrote:  I voted gifted, although I'm hoping to get out of that league. :/
[upwards to masters]
Me too...=(

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
10-22-2012, 12:19 PM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2012 12:20 PM by CombatEX.)
Interesting. No fluffy players so far even though that's supposed to be the biggest group (followed by clever which has the second fewest in the poll o.O).

I guess it's what I expected though. Generally more active players will visit the forums and also will tend to be better.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
10-22-2012, 12:37 PM
@CombatEX: are you a Super-Titan?

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
10-22-2012, 02:42 PM
I'm a Pokemon master!!! (Yes these toons look like Pokemon to me). But my skills are more suited to high end gifted.
10-22-2012, 04:18 PM
Im first in fluffy now (451 pts )how much time must pass for research a best league?
10-23-2012, 03:09 AM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2012 03:09 AM by CombatEX.)
(10-22-2012 12:37 PM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  @CombatEX: are you a Super-Titan?

Nope. I don't play league much. Mostly I play friendlies with Super-Titans because it's more fun than grinding up through league playing (no offense) worse players.

10-24-2012, 04:31 PM
Just promoted to Super Titan. For those interested, the promotion occurred at 149 league wins, however that does include at least 20-25 2v2 wins. Possibly more. It was not during a long win streak either. In fact I had just lost a game, then won 3 in a row. And promoted after the third. It's worth noting though that I was on quite a long winning streak prior to the loss. At least 15 wins. So don't know if that was a factor....

On a side note. I was promoted to the Black Stick Division. I think I read somewhere else about this, but there is some serious competition in this league. Some big names. And a lot of them! We'll see how I measure up!! Haha

[Admiral 77] Super-Titan
#35 in Top 100
11-04-2012, 09:52 PM
I got promoted to Gifted after losing a game. I had been winning 4 out of 5 ish and playing gifteds, but it seems ironic to get the promotion on a losing match. Also entered gifted ranked 6, which got me excited until I thought it through. I know that rankings are based solely on points, so they are not a pure measure of skill, right? Having started in fluffy and worked painfully slowly through fluffy and clever, I should expect to have more points, and a higher rank, than someone who didn't muck up their initial 5 games and entered the league in gifted. True? So a higher rank and lots of points in your division may mean you are stuck there, not that you are playing well?
11-05-2012, 01:56 AM
Yea. High points can actually mean you're worse than someone with low points because you can't seem to break into the next league despite so many games. Points are pretty meaningless at the moment. OML is busy right now, but Alex mentioned adding a system to make points indicative of skill sometime in the future (see: bonus pool at liquipedia). It probably won't be exactly like that, but under that system the points are fairly accurate. We also may see seasons implemented. You can look this system up on liquipedia too if you're interested. Also, congrats on the promotion!