02-25-2013, 12:49 AM
RE: Lose vs Give Up
^same

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2013, 01:17 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 01:22 AM by phineas94.)
I never give up. If I'm on a hiding to nothing I'll play as quickly as I can so they can take the win but as I'm a master at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, and if there's the slightest chance, the optomist in me refuses to lie down (Or i'm just terrible at reading the game Wink)

I've got no problem with people giving up unless it's your 2v2 partner doing so without consultation! However, I do feel that you should at least send a "GG" or it's like if doing so. I know people are just moving on but I always imagine them going off in a real piss - sort of sours my victory Sad

Gotta go, just heard "you lose" from somewhere in the house. Dodgy
It was just a random 2v2 game. Fluffy forever!

Everything Changes
02-25-2013, 06:23 AM
(02-25-2013 12:18 AM)Phillip Wrote:  
(02-24-2013 01:08 PM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  Hate giving my opponent the satisfaction of base destruction. I'd rather have my opponent forfeit in case of mistakes. Basically reassurance.

This is the lame attitude. If you know there will be 4/5 turns left and you are hosed. Meh I can understand it. When you know that their next turn they will destroy your base, say they have a soldier in the back door on foundry with 2 base points left. You can't kill him. You know you lost. It's lame to give up.

I would feel the same way in chess. if I know one more turn and I will be done in. Let them finish rather than quitting. They beat you. They deserve to take the win.

I feel disappointed in humanity Sad

02-25-2013, 08:37 AM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 08:38 AM by GoHeat 3.)
(02-25-2013 06:23 AM)Gfich Wrote:  
(02-25-2013 12:18 AM)Phillip Wrote:  
(02-24-2013 01:08 PM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  Hate giving my opponent the satisfaction of base destruction. I'd rather have my opponent forfeit in case of mistakes. Basically reassurance.

This is the lame attitude. If you know there will be 4/5 turns left and you are hosed. Meh I can understand it. When you know that their next turn they will destroy your base, say they have a soldier in the back door on foundry with 2 base points left. You can't kill him. You know you lost. It's lame to give up.

I would feel the same way in chess. if I know one more turn and I will be done in. Let them finish rather than quitting. They beat you. They deserve to take the win.

I feel disappointed in humanity Sad

What are trying to say???

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
02-25-2013, 04:20 PM
(02-25-2013 12:18 AM)Phillip Wrote:  Worrying about freeing up a slot is lame.if that is your only reason, the. Send Alex and Adam a few bucks for the 35 slots.

You're assuming that if someone had 35 games possible that they would only be playing 20 games at a time. This is a lame argument. If I had 35 game slots, I'd be playing 35 games all the time and the same argument would apply.

and people give up in chess all the time. How many times have you actually moved a piece to take out a king? I never have. Either my opponent tells me it's 'mate, or I tell them, and we reset the board for another game.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
02-25-2013, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2013 04:32 PM by TheQwertiest.)
everyone should just stop. This is a useless argument. Everyone has their own opinions.
This is the internet. You can have all the facts and knowledge in the world and youd still be wrong

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
02-25-2013, 04:44 PM
In chess, it's a sign of disrespect to play on in a clearly lost position, thus wasting everyone's time, instead of resigning. I believe this is the type of honorable behavior Phillip is referring to.
02-26-2013, 09:59 AM
There are just so many times that someone resigns one turn from losing in this game. It feels like it cheapens the competition. If I know I'm toast next turn, I'll just done the turn so they can end it the next one.
02-26-2013, 10:11 AM
Everyone is entitled to their feelings, no matter how bizarre or illogical they are! We can't control what we feel, after all.
02-26-2013, 02:15 PM
There are buttons on my chest that control how I feel. See my avatar?

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user